where to find a true noodle

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
spokey9
Captain

where to find a true noodle

Post by spokey9 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

i've been searching for a few months for a noodle that's 11ft or longer without any luck. well i did see a cabela fish eagle that is rated as a noodle but doesnt feel like one. anybody have any ideas where i can find one at?
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Duwamish Amish
Petty Officer

Re: where to find a true noodle

Post by Duwamish Amish » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:45 am

Shimano makes a slow action 12ft 6in Covergence rated 4-8lbs. Sportco sells them.
Amen.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 am

i've owned that rod a couple seasons back. it's more of a float rod than a noodle imo. thank you anyways amish :salut:

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:14 am

spokey9 wrote:i've been searching for a few months for a noodle that's 11ft or longer without any luck. well i did see a cabela fish eagle that is rated as a noodle but doesnt feel like one. anybody have any ideas where i can find one at?
cabelas is complete waste of time. the selection (what is in the store) is horrible and they are just another china outlet store. no need to pay their high end prices for ultra low quality gear. They don't post negative reviews about their products either.

I would check out the convergence the Amish mentioned at Sportco

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Ive killed a lot of steelhead with my 11 6 fish eagle 2, same as the grey fish eagles they sell now that my buddy catches all his steel on. Really good rods for the money. I do everything from drift/float fishing, tossing hardware and pulling plugs with it.
My dad has an old loomis rated 4# thats 11 6 as well. Its some 25 years old or so and still kicking. I would hunt one of these down if you can.
Or NFC (mr loomis does theses rods) sells a couple noodle rods, ive heard great things about these sticks.
Theres tons of 2-8# rods but a lot of them have more backbone then what i would call a noodle.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:12 pm

i know about the nfc noodle blanks, and i bet they're sweet. just way more than i can spend lol. i mainly plan on using a noodle (once i find one) for steelhead in terminal areas like reiter during lower flows and tossing small spoons for coho and chum off the beach in the salt. ideally i'd like to run 6lb for the main and 4lb leaders.