Nisqually

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Nisqually

Post by Dave M » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:56 am

Is it worth a drive down for salmon? If so what are some of the more productive methods to use?
Thanks

BigDee
Petty Officer

Re: Nisqually

Post by BigDee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:48 am

I remember this river being very snaggy, Caught a few fish but really had to work for them.

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Post by Diverdoyle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

i would say a lil early for the nisquick its deep south in the sound give it a few weeks ... pinks should be showing up at dash point and browns point in a week or so would be a better bet till the kings hit nisquick

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Post by Diverdoyle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 pm

also if your not military dont fish the military side unless you get a range pass from jblm ... i have seen the MP's walk out with out waders to kick civilians out / issue tickets

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:35 am

Diverdoyle wrote:i would say a lil early for the nisquick its deep south in the sound give it a few weeks ... pinks should be showing up at dash point and browns point in a week or so would be a better bet till the kings hit nisquick
Thanks.
Do you know anything about the deschutes? Same story as the nis?

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Post by Diverdoyle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:08 am

No clue on the deschutes .. The nisqually is a local option for me but it's a snaggy river and the snags change every year there's also no allot of public access to the river unless you want to pay to play / get a range pass / or hike threw marshy woods ... I choose to hike

lost360
Petty Officer

Post by lost360 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:08 am

We pontoon from handicap to the boat launch by the nature reserve lots of places to float bobber