Tulalip bubble

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lingking
Petty Officer

Tulalip bubble

Post by Lingking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 pm

After an awesome day in Neah bay Sunday I still have the salmon itch. Want to try the Tulalip bubble for the first time but I want the nearest launch. I know Everett is the safest but the Marysville one looks closer. My boat is a 12' smoker craft. Does anyone run to the bubble from Marysville launch?

primetime
Commander

Re: Tulalip bubble

Post by primetime » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Marysville has a good launch. I would go out of there!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Word to the wise you CANNOT navigate the estuary/Ebey Slough at a low tide in anything less than a very small skiff or jet sled.

Anything less than a +1 tide and you will be stuck. I have gone high and dry in a 20 foot wooldridge through there once running our work sled on a 0 or slightly negative tide.

Just launch out of Everett and go South (the safe way) out of the jetty. If you're coming from the north Camano is a good option as well.

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LAUNCH OR NAVIGATE FROM THE MARYSVILLE BOAT LAUNCH THIS WEEKEND WITH -2ft TIDES.

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:26 pm

I am running a 12' smoker craft. The tide for Monday looks decent. I think Everett is too far for me.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-07-01-15-20-36.png

Sixgill
Petty Officer

Post by Sixgill » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:07 pm

The mouth of the river is very shallow. Out of Marysville where it looks lik it opens up and forks stay right all the way to Priest Point do not cut strait thru it's very shallow. Once past Priest point it gets very shallow agine and stays shallow fo what seems like half a mile or more. There is NO significant channel out there. On an outgoing tide that area can have Bar like conditions with waves stacking up. So be careful in a 12 footer.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:02 am

For a boat of that size why not launch in the Tulalip Marina? The launch is no good at low tide either, but much better option than Ebey.

If you fish early and head back to the launch before 1pm you should be fine with either choice. As stated above when exiting Ebey Slough stay far right and hug the bank at Priest Point to stay in the channel. If you try and go straight out you will go high and dry. The water at low tide here is INCHES or less deep (1-4" tops).

Sixgill
Petty Officer

Post by Sixgill » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

The Tulalip launch is tribal only until further notice.

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:22 am

It's too bad they couldn't dredge out a deeper channel from Ebey. Everett or Kayak Point park has good launches. I wouldn't recommend Mukilteo. That launch should be re-named the Bearing Sea Boat Launch. It's pretty rough *lol* [-X
Bobber_Dogger

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Suggestion re the Tulalip bubble

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 am

To Ling King: Ebey launch is tidal, extremely shallow and narrow. Since crabbing opened, Everett sometimes yields a 45 minute wait. KP has a great launch. The bubble is due south from the launch and close by. Launch is next to the pier. I'm hoping to get out that way to go crabbing soon. [thumbup]
Bobber_Dogger

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 am

Bobber_Dogging_Gal wrote:It's too bad they couldn't dredge out a deeper channel from Ebey. Everett or Kayak Point park has good launches. I wouldn't recommend Mukilteo. That launch should be re-named the Bearing Sea Boat Launch. It's pretty rough *lol* [-X

mukiteo is a horrible area to even go to let alone use that launch into the fray. they don't want you to use that launch.

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 am

Where is the opposite launch?

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:32 am

Ebey's so shallow, it's better suited for air boats *lol* [thumbup]
Bobber_Dogger

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:14 pm

[confused] Enquiring minds want to know... is it even worth it to go fishing for salmon at the Tulalip bubble? I'm asking because the last time my friend and I went it was an obstacle course of crab pots. [cursing] :fish: :nemo: :cheers:

Swedishfisher
Angler

Post by Swedishfisher » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi guys new to the forum...anyway I have lived near priest point for my entire life and have a ton of time in 10 to 30 foot boats. I drove for a near by park as part of my dutys as a Ranger........well more like I was a Deputy Ranger.soo I have run a 17 foot Arima through there on a -1 tide one time and I had started in near Kayak point.it is very tricky and I would not recommend it but if you are really really familiar with the area it helps.I recommend checking it out in a kayak or find a way to walk the beach at low tide because the sand bars do move around......and no I do not live on the beach area but the ebey slough lanch in Marysville is great on most positive tides it just takes some tidal knowledge......

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:18 am

I'm an ardent fan of KP. Been going there over 25 years. So you were a park ranger aka surrogate game warden at KP? *lol* It's a great park. We might hit the pier soon :)
Bobber_Dogger