Moses Lake walleye

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Walleye Be Damn
Petty Officer

Moses Lake walleye

Post by Walleye Be Damn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:40 am

Does anybody know where the walleye might be this weekend on Moses lake? The temp. is going to be 108 or higher and with the lake being shallow, I don't know where to start fishing. I have never fished in this hot of weather before and don't know the walleye patterns for summer walleye.
Proud to have served: Desert Shield/Desert Storm

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Re: Moses Lake walleye

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

I received an email last night about how a local fisher was going to take bottom temps in the shallower areas. The surface temps in those areas are too hot for walleye.

Potholes is deeper and shouldn't have as big of an issue as it's easier to find 20 feet and deeper there.

I know where the walleye were on Wednesday evening.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

A good rule of thumb for Moses Lake and Potholes this time of year is , The hotter it gets the less they bite. They have proven that to me every summer for several years but some how I just can't seem to get into my thick head and every summer I will go out on blazing hot days and get skunked. Go luck to you if you try.

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:18 am

108!?!?

Yeah, I'm staying home

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 am

FishingFool wrote:108!?!?

Yeah, I'm staying home
Yep, outside air temp on my truck said it was 107° as I blew through on I-90 at 75+ mph. Didn't drop below 100° until I passed Spokane Intl airport, all the way down to 99° (for about a mile) then back up to 101°. Was 80° this morning at 5am. Reminded me of my 4yrs in Vegas when it would be over 90° at 4am. [blink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

jnygard
Angler

Post by jnygard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Well after reading this post I was surprised, My wife and I are from western wa, we have just been itching for something new and different. we decided to enjoy our anniversary in Mosses lake are for the entire week leading up to the 4th weekend. On Tuesday 6/30 we brought our little fishing boat to Mardon to launch and ask questions, the store clerks were very informative, we took their advise bought the Wally pops and headed out being confused on the lake we just started fishing. Did I say it was well over 100 degs, well we caught a 5lb Rainbow and a couple small walleye in the morning. Later around 3PM Mary caught a 24" Walleye. The next day we met another Clerk and he gave us a nugget to fish next to the state park boat launch. Bam, bam we started hitting 19 to 21" Walleyes all Morning long, Then the bite died about noon, we fished more and around 3pm we hit a couple larger ones Mary got a nice 26"er, again a very hot over 100 deg day. Well were back home and longing to get back again needless to say were hooked, No Pun Intended :sunny:

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Potholes fishes different than Moses in hot weather. It's deeper and clearer so it doesn't heat up as fast and as much.