Fishing dock (wheelchair accessible)

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Firetiger
Warrant Officer

Fishing dock (wheelchair accessible)

Post by Firetiger » Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 pm

I am looking for a freshwater fishing dock that is wheelchair accessible and where is at least a chance of catching fish. (prefer eastside)

Steve
Redmond

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Fishing dock (wheelchair accessible)

Post by BentRod » Sat May 02, 2015 5:48 am

Haven't fished there myself, but Cottage Lake east of Woodinville might be an option.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat May 02, 2015 6:47 am

Hi Steve, I bought a reel from you a few years ago...
Anyway, I was going to 2nd the motion of Cottage lake. Of course any of the planted lakes, with docks, will be a zoo for the next couple weeks. Cottage also has a bathroom right near the dock.

ifightnerdz
Angler

Post by ifightnerdz » Mon May 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Not sure if Eastside is a WWA area or you mean EWA. There are a few handicap access lakes on the EWA side of the state. Fish lake out by Cheney, Wa and Bear lake north of Spokane are a few. Both donated by the Spokane Walleye Club.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

He is referring to Bellevue ish (East side of Seattle Metro area)

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:55 am

log boom park has a good dock (I believe it'd be easy access for a wheelchair). lots of good sized perch hang around there once the the weather warms. I've also seen some good sized catfish and pumpkinseed caught off there as a well
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Firetiger
Warrant Officer

Post by Firetiger » Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 pm

I visited Cottage Lake and the dock was packed. I will visit again at a different time. Tomorrow I will check out Pine Lake which I expect to be busy as well. I have never fished log boom park but it sounds promising.

I have fished the Spokane area once but now I have three reasons to visit it again. I have caught a number of fish at a Lake Curlew Resort and I have fished the Mardon dock several times with good success. Time to put new line on my reel and do some fishing.