where are you going for opening weekend?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Steelheadin360
Commodore

Re: where are you going for opening weekend?

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:08 pm

My favorite year around lake! You guys need to come catch all of the trout though, they are getting in the way of my Kokanee fishing

Ball_Gawd
Petty Officer

Post by Ball_Gawd » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 am

More than likely sleeping in and then sitting at the bar watching NASCAR. I've only been fishing for two years and I made it out for opening day last year. Now that I've done it once,,,,, I don't really care if I ever hit it again, there is plenty of time throughout the rest of the season.

Good luck y'all.
WET HOOKS & TIGHT LINES
Ball_Gawd

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:50 pm

spoonman wrote:So do i sit in a corner listening to cats in the cradle? Hell no! Im going fishing! Probably storm lake
Ha Ha, Spoonman! I follow you loud and clear. Many a youngster, don't get the reference, lol.
Have fun out there, where ever.

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 am

Hey Quad, I'm off on Monday and Tuesday, so if you just "happen" to get out on the lake and have an extra spot on the boat, let me know [-o<
James

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am

On opening day weekend Im staying home and catching up on WaLakes.com. Then I might sort through and re-organize my tackle boxes - or I might take a nap. Im NOT getting anywhere near any fishing holes this weekend! :)

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:11 am

Larry3215 wrote:On opening day weekend Im staying home and catching up on WaLakes.com. Then I might sort through and re-organize my tackle boxes - or I might take a nap. Im NOT getting anywhere near any fishing holes this weekend! :)

Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:13 am

Major League Fishing is on right now.

And the movie 'Down Periscope' comes on in 20 minutes. Image
Tom.

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:39 am

No doubt, gonna' hit Pine Lake bright and early on Monday. May go by there after work today just to get a good laugh at all the people battle fishing out there. [thumbsup]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:46 am

This summer when I get an electric motor for my little 8' Livingston I bought back in Dec. I'll be fishing Pine again. Haven't fished it since '88 or '89, but have done good there.
Tom.

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, beautiful lake, and the fishing is excellent. Gets fished out pretty quick, but I've always wanted to go out there in a boat. I hear there are some excellent spots out there, especially where the Spring goes in. You can tell where it is because there is a guy who swims the lake all the time, and he always makes a loud sound when he hits that super cold spot. There are some real nice browns in there too from what I hear. I do think the way they made that dock is pretty lame. It's set up strange, and it's way too easy for people to cross lines. And you know how that goes, there is always a few people who flat out don't care one bit if they are crossing your line. Let alone just jumping in to a spot w/out asking. And don't even get me started on the losers who catch their 5, and then come back later. OR, just go to different lake and catch 5 more. Extremely frustrating :thumbdown

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:54 pm

I refuse to say where I'm going because every year I say... I'm not going to any of the lakes on opening weekend because it's a mob scene and people get so excited about catching a 5 inch trout like it's some trophy fish and they say... nummy dinner is set. And I'm thinking rightttttt clean the fish. Add spices. Cook it... get 2 bites of something that tastes like whatever they had at the hatchery.... nummy not.

And of course each year I do end up going to a lake.... sometimes with fishing pole, others not. Nor am I going say I will stay at home and cuss at myself because I'm not at a lake so..... that pretty much is what I'm doing right now.

Monday however.... I intend to fish. :nemo: :nemo: :nemo: :nemo: :nemo: :nemo:

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Was kind of a mess this morning. But good fishing. Came home for a few hours and took a nap. Went to another lake for the evening bite. Had the whole lake to ourselves. Caught and released 33, yes 33 trout for the day. 4 of which where triploids probably about a pound each. Best day trout fishing in a long time. All caught on wooley buggers or dick nites of various colors. With the barbs pinched down, of course.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 am

Went to McMurry and had a good time. I really like watching the youngsters fishing that day. I miss the days of taking my kids with me. Turned them all into fisher peoples thou. Must have done something right. Going to Spanaway to take the grandbabies out soon!

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:21 am

Limited out w/in 30 minutes Monday and Tuesday on Pine Lake. Great fishing, and some of the stockers are pretty nice. Saw a couple guys get triploids, fat ones. Sunday I went out to Lake Morton (Aunt lives there, so private dock) and limited out as well pretty quick. Much better fishing there than in the last couple years. Caught a couple nice hogs too.
Looking to go back to Pine in a couple weeks and hopefully some of them have fattened up a little :cheers:

Also, the way people crowd in at that dock is beyond annoying. Zero respect for people around, and not caring one bit if they cross lines. :scratch: