center console

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
chongo469
Commander

center console

Post by chongo469 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:23 pm

I am switching things up on my boat a bit.... when i bought it had a rear side console and the fuel tank is under a wide section right behind steering console... I am wanting to remove that rear section and fuel tank. I am moving the fuel tank forward under front platform and making the rear walkthrough.... It will make it easier to control the kicker motor for side drifting and keep a little more weight forward for when i only have me or just 2 guys in the boat. I am looking for a stand up center console to install... If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know....

sickbayer
Commodore

Re: center console

Post by sickbayer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:26 am

I'll keep my eyes out for you mate recently saw a nice one, just can't remember where.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:38 pm

I'd be watching EBay for a tiller kit. Get away from the wheel all together. Reclaim even more room.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Yeah, ive been looking... tiller kit even off ebay will be about 800 after its done..... thinking its cheaper to do center console... I found one I may order from AK Mining for 239.00, add fuel tank and hose at 250.00 and I have evrything else including longer steering cable... My other throtle cables and wiring harness is already long enough.... Even have marine plywood and floor liner ready to go....

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I got a line on one - just PM'ed you... [thumbup]
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishmanjh
Angler

Post by fishmanjh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 am

chongo469 wrote:Yeah, ive been looking... tiller kit even off ebay will be about 800 after its done..... thinking its cheaper to do center console... I found one I may order from AK Mining for 239.00, add fuel tank and hose at 250.00 and I have evrything else including longer steering cable... My other throtle cables and wiring harness is already long enough.... Even have marine plywood and floor liner ready to go....
The one thing that is for certain is ... A tiller set up is much more nimble when it comes to control of a "smaller boat" .