Lake Roosevelt yearly Boat Launch Permit

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
two brothers fishing
Angler

Lake Roosevelt yearly Boat Launch Permit

Post by two brothers fishing » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 pm

I WANT TO LET THE PEOPLE WHO BUY YEARLY BOAT LAUNCH PERMITS FOR LAKE ROOSEVELT, WHO USE THEIR AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL PARKS AND FEDERAL RECREATIONS LAND PASS (SENIOR PASS) THAT YOU WILL NO LONGER GET 50% DISCOUNT FOR YOUR LAUNCH PERMIT. THE PERMITS ARE GOING TO GO UP TO $ 45.00 FROM $30.00 . BUT I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW YOU CAN PAY 50% LAUNCH FEES IF YOU BUY THE WEEKLY LAUNCH PERMIT AT THE LAUNCH SITES , IF YOU USE YOUR SENIOR PASS. WEEKLY RATES ARE SUPPOSED TO GO FROM $6.00 TO $8.00 FOR A SEVEN DAY PERIOD. SO IF YOU ARE A SENIOR AND ARE GOING TO LAUNCH AT LK. ROOSEVELT THE PRICE WILL BE $ 4.00 WITH CARD. SO IF YOU LAUNCH MORE THAN 10 TIMES ITS BETTER TO BUY ANNUAL LAUNCH PASS. THANKS ----TWO BROTHERS FISHING---TERRY
Two Brothers Fishing
2005 18 Ft. Hewescraft Sportsman
2005 90 horse Merc.
2005 08 horse Merc
Lowrance Hook 2 7 inch Tripple Shot

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Lake Roosevelt yearly Boat Launch Permit

Post by Bodofish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

That's good to know. I've had the federal passes for years and finally decided to not renew them because they no longer pay for or get you a discount and any of the federal boat launches on the West side. All control of the facilities has been turned over to contractors who do not recognize the passes.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 am

Per NPS Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area website this morning, annual boat launch pass fees are as follows:
Annual Boat Launch Permits-

Good from purchase date until December 31st of the same year.
$30.00 January 1 - April 30
$40.00 May 1 - September 30
$20.00 October - December 31
Payment: Cash or check
Reason? Fee increase is proposed, not yet enacted. Comments regarding the proposed fee increase are being accepted until 10/31/14. Read more here - http://www.nps.gov/laro/parkmgmt/propos ... crease.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's an important note about the America the Beautiful Senior pass (point being made by two brothers fishing):
Please note that Annual Boat Launch permits will no longer qualify for a 50% discount for America the Beautiful-The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior and Access pass holders. Federal regulations permit discounts for holders of America the Beautiful-The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior and Access passes. This includes nightly camping and weekly boat launch permit fees, but does not allow discounts on already discounted items such as yearly boat launch permits.
Current weekly launch fee is $6 and good for 7 days, with a senior pass the fee is $3. Proposed weekly fee is $8 and senior pass is good for 50% discount, so $4.

Being as everything costs more these days, and there hasn't been a fee increase since 1995, I suspect the "proposed" fee will, in fact, become the new fee structure for Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area. If enacted as proposed, fee increase will take effect "spring of 2015", so maybe one more year of reduced price launch annual permit. I'll be submitting my payment mid-December so we can have our 2015 permit in time for our annual New Year's Day fishing trip [thumbup] .

I realize it may not be the case for everyone, but since I don't qualify for the senior pass, $45 ($15 increase) is still a bargain for an annual launch permit and pays for itself if I launch more than 7 times a year, which I do. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

duffy
Petty Officer

Post by duffy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:37 am

Been buying the yearly for awhile now just for the convenience. Most of the time if we buy a 7 day pass we don't get back before it expires so the yearly actually works out better.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 am

duffy wrote:Been buying the yearly for awhile now just for the convenience. Most of the time if we buy a 7 day pass we don't get back before it expires so the yearly actually works out better.
Same here, and if you're just going for the day, cost is the same either way, so the other 6 days are wasted. I like the convenience of not worrying about having correct change too. Rare I have exactly $6 in my wallet and no way I'd drop a $10 bill in the slot. [-(

I have observed numerous tow vehicles, and vehicles without trailers, in the parking area at Seven Bays with WDFW access pass hanging from the rear view and no citations. Maybe if park rangers wrote more tickets for violators (WDFW access pass is NOT valid at Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area launches) they wouldn't have to increase launch fees. :-"
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

duffy
Petty Officer

Post by duffy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 am

The whole system is set up poorly. Years ago I got a warning once because of the state/national mix up and it was my fault. I offered to pay the launch fee but the ranger said he couldn't take my money and I had to put it in the box but not to worry about it. [confused] I said it wasn't a problem and when I asked where to buy the permit you'd think I asked for a pint of blood and his right arm. Good grief if you hate your job that much go do something else! When I tried to figure it out it was a mess at first. If you launch here you need this permit but not over here, unless it's a full moon, then you need this...... ](*,) Come to find out there were quite a few boaters that knew a way around paying and would use it extensively even though most of them could easily afford the yearly permit. When you pull up with a 50K pickup pulling a 35K boat, you can afford the permit. There's lot's of times I get the permit and maybe use it once or twice but I kind of figure that if it helps keep the launch repaired and the area nice that's the benefit. It just seems that much of our sporting money here goes westward for other things than what it's intended for.

rusty
Petty Officer

Post by rusty » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:10 pm

You can launch across from fort spokane at two rivers and it is free. You just have to walk a little further to get to your tow rig.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 am

Easy fix to the parking scenario, all NPS needs is signage at entrance/exit of all launches stating WDFW access pass is NOT valid at any LRNRA launch facility and vehicles not displaying proper LRNRA launch credentials will be cited. Simple, inexpensive, effective.

Two Rivers Marina is ok but only if lake elevation is above 1280'. The tribe suspended launch fees during the sequester last year when all the NPS facilities were closed, maybe they forgot to reinstate. [laugh]

We launch at Seven bays since our boat is stored 5 minutes away. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

Two Brothers #1
Petty Officer

Post by Two Brothers #1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 am

Hewesfisher-- Is there covered boat storage close by at Seven Bays ?, or is your storage private ? just wondering as it sure would be nice to have affordable close by storage, saving towing time from Spokane. Thanks ( two brothers #1 ) Ron.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Two Brothers #1 wrote:Hewesfisher-- Is there covered boat storage close by at Seven Bays ?, or is your storage private ? just wondering as it sure would be nice to have affordable close by storage, saving towing time from Spokane. Thanks ( two brothers #1 ) Ron.
Sorry Ron, we had to buy our own place in Seven Bays to get storage, so most definitely private. [wink]

There is covered storage on Hwy 25 above Ft. Spokane you might want to check into, but I have no personal recommendation. I guy who lived a mile away from us used to keep his boat there until he passed away, and he was happy with the place.

You are so right, not having to tow to/from every trip is a blessing AND we can fish when road conditions are such I wouldn't tow, but would drive. [thumbsup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System

Two Brothers #1
Petty Officer

Post by Two Brothers #1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks Phil, I know the place you are talking about above Ft. Spokane, but have not talked to them as of yet on price, size, availability, etc. It seems like it's never open when we go buy, but I don't always pay attention either, and most of our launches nowdays takes place at Lincoln. Thanks again, Ron.