Any helpful info??

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ragibby
Petty Officer

Any helpful info??

Post by ragibby » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:33 am

Just curious if anyone has been fishing the skykomish for silvers? If so, have you seen anuthjng up that far yet. Hoping this rain will give us a good push if fish. I've mostly veer bouncing around a couple spot on the snohomish and haven't seen any caught yet. Have seen maybe a handful or rollers but that's about it. Any info on the sky or if anyone is catching fish would be hrestly appreciated. Thanks and good luck out there.

W4y
Petty Officer

Re: Any helpful info??

Post by W4y » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:17 pm

You can watch videos, read through forum topics, ask fellow anglers for advice, switch up 10 million colors, study tide charts, until you're blue in the face. When it comes to salmon fishing in the rivers, while all of the above is important, it's only important with one caveat: It's all about the right place, at the right time. You need to show your presentation or bait right in front of their face. If this doesn't happen, there is no fish to bite. The only way to get that luck or chance element to work for you is if you're out there casting. Keep at it, they'll come.

Huntingchris
Angler

Post by Huntingchris » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Whent out after work yesterday evening seen a couple but it has still been slow up here in monroe just keep trying I'm going to try tomorrow if I get home in time

ragibby
Petty Officer

Post by ragibby » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 am

I'm going out Saturday to try my luck. Hopefully this rain will get the rivers flowing better and get some fish kickin around.

kwillie28
Angler

Post by kwillie28 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:05 am

Good luck that far up. The lower rivers have very few right now. Hopefully the rain brought a few more in, but I would be very surprised if you see very many that far up yet. Some people are reporting that they have seen them jumping or rolling, but more likely most of what they are seeing are Jacks. I am out almost every day and have seen only a handful of chromes jumping, but have seen lots of Jacks.

ragibby
Petty Officer

Post by ragibby » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:04 am

I'm not going to the sky until I see some more reports or see first hand fish rolling/jumping. Gunna maybe try my luck at Thomas eddy and lower tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this rain has lot a fire under their butt and got em moving up.

rmerikle
Petty Officer

Post by rmerikle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:12 am

New guy here....This will be first year trying the Snohomish for Coho. I am going out on Sunday to try my luck and if nothing else just check things out. It sounds like Thomas eddy is a good spot for bank fishing. Also thinking I will get out there about 7AM to make sure I get there before the crowds and hopefully get home at a reasonable time. Going to try Dick Nite and go from there, but have very little in the way of Coho tackle at this point. Would love to hear thoughts, comments. Does it make sense to try closer to the mouth of the river? If so where?

Thanks in adavnce

ragibby
Petty Officer

Post by ragibby » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Your gunna want to get there a lot earlier than 7am if you wanna beat the crowd. Last coho season I got there at 5am and the parking lot was already full. Had to park on the side of the road. Then again last year was a pink year and everyone and their mom fishes pinks. As for throwing dick nites, it's a good tequnique but I'd start with a cheaper lure just to feel out the spot (snaggy or not so snaggy). I don't know about anyone else but with dick nites being close to 4$ each I'd much rather feel out the spot with say 1/2 oz jig and loose a handful of those and save my dick nites for a less snaggy spot