Spokane Area FLy Fishing

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
drewstang25
Angler

Spokane Area FLy Fishing

Post by drewstang25 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm

So i am new to the Spokane area for fly fishing. I want to get into it more that i am settled in here but don't know where to start. Like what are some good local fly shops or starter rivers that i can go fish easily. Anything helps thanks guys.

rusty
Petty Officer

Re: Spokane Area FLy Fishing

Post by rusty » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Silver bow fly shop. Its located in the valley.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 am

Not a lot of great fly fishing in the Spokane area, but ........ great is a matter of opinion anyway.

Upper Spokane River is ok early in the year and after the water temps go down. The spring from Barker to below Sullivan Bridges hold some good fly fishing opportunity. Silver Bow can tune you into the area.

Spokane River below Town, Bow and Picture area, Gun range area, Spokane Falls Community College area have some good fly fishing at times.

Little Spokane River has some good spots, but most of the River IS private (two rivers in Washington belong to the land owners, one is the little Spokane and one is Crap Creek).

Crab Creek has some good areas at times, and the F&W can provide public access spots.

Once you to north, there are some options in some of the smaller rivers and streams.

Of course, close to Spokane in Idaho is the Saint Joe and the Upper CDA.

The Yakima river to the West near Yakima is Blue Ribbon quality as well, but again, access is limited.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Post by ridgeratt » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:08 pm

The Kettle river this time of year can be amazing as well!!! Chunk a nymph!! Or thats what Rumor has it!!! :-"

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”