New to bass fishing please help?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: New to bass fishing please help?

Post by Amx » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 am

It's a BIG-smallie lake, but I hear that there are largies also. What tourney it that?
Tom.

Interests: living

Skunkedtoomuch
Petty Officer

Post by Skunkedtoomuch » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:12 am

The pondjumperz. I talked to a dude that said it use to be a great LMB lake but over the last few yrs the smallies are eating all the young LMB. Basically eliminating them.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:24 am

Ya, same thing with Sawyer. Use to be a GREAT Largie lake. Now it's a mediocre smallie lake. But there are still some big Largies here and there and I usually catch one each year. And a big smallie now and then.
Tom.

Interests: living

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:05 am

Goodwin used to do well on LMB in the fall with crankbaits, but also with finesse style worms. I'd try a few crankbaits off of points, at the edge of weeds, or even trolled to locate fish. They are feeding heavily now, and ambush their prey as often as possible. Play with a predator (dog, cat) with a toy on a string and see what actions inspire them to attack. Fish are very similar.