RockFish limits? in Sekiu

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishee2
Petty Officer

RockFish limits? in Sekiu

Post by fishee2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Can someone help me clarify the limits with Rockfish fishing in Sekiu.

Reading through the regs, I thought it was limit of 3 rockfish. but then i was told it was 6?

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: RockFish limits? in Sekiu

Post by hlindsay » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:35 pm

West of Slip Point (the point on the east side of Clallam Bay) The first 3 Black OR Blue rock fish. No other rock fish are legal, I got that from WDFW when I ask if other rock fish were open and part of the 15 bottom fish
East of Slip Point one Black or Blue rock fish.
Remember barbless hooks even for bottom fish. I got told by WDFW on the water with a line in the water. They pulled over near me and yelled for me to remember that it was barbless for all fishing there. They could have written me but they just took off. [thumbsup]

fishee2
Petty Officer

Re: RockFish limits? in Sekiu

Post by fishee2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:55 am

hlindsay, I greatly appreciate your reply. I've gone through other forums and no one was able to respond.

If no one responded, I was going to contact the WDFW.

And I don't know why the WDFW makes it so confusing. All they have to say is: You can ONLY keep first 3 Black OR Blue rock fish; all other rockfish are closed. BAM! Done, no other confusion or unnecessary wording or sentences that cause more problems than anything else.

Any whos, Thanks again,

:)