6-25 Birthday: FISHING Trip Wanted! : )

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
hgirl_sampson
Angler

6-25 Birthday: FISHING Trip Wanted! : )

Post by hgirl_sampson » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello,

My name is Heather and I have never done this before. I typically do not celebrate my birthday, but this year I really would like to hook into a nice big King salmon. Either river fishing or in a boat on the sound, I really don't care. I have an annual fishing license I just bought today, good for everything...except fishing on the Columbia. My birthday is this Wednesday. And I am also a Disabled-Retired Military Veteran (non-wheelchair status). I can prove it as well if need be. I have $40 cash to pay for gas/help setting up gear, bait, etc..., that's literally all I can afford right now until I get paid again.

I took my Birthday 6/25 + Thursday off (this Wednesday & Thursday), and I would just really love to enjoy my days off for a change. I also have a salmon and steelhead rod(s) & reel(s) that I can bring, plus waist high waders. Maybe you can help me out or are looking for a future fishing buddy?

Please "email me" to contact me further.

Thank you and "Happy Fishing!" :fish:
Email: hgirl_sampson@yahoo.com

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: 6-25 Birthday: FISHING Trip Wanted! : )

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:05 am

I hope that someone sends you a PM but that is just not my area of expertise nor my waters.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Post by ridgeratt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Not sure which side of the state you are. The snake is open through Saturday for springers below Little goose.
Right now I'm targeting Wallys for the next couple of weeks so that doesn't help. Then I'm off to kokanees. Back to Chinook mid to late July.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:52 pm

I hope you had a great Birthday, HGirl! That was relatively short notice, so if it didn't happen, let us know and I'm sure you'll be able to get someone to offer up some space after-the-fact. The plus with this is that salmon fishing should only get better as the summer progresses. If you have or do get out, I'm sure the rest of us would want to hear all about it! Good luck!

P.S. My boat's an inflatable for lake fishing, otherwise I'd be suggesting possible dates.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm

You have the same birthday as my son! Happy belated Bday! Hope you get out soon. I don't fish the sound much...I'm either over on the coast or in the Olympic Peninsula. Can't wait for August/September to get here!

Reel Priorities
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Reel Priorities » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Heather,

Bring your documentation with you showing that you're a Disabled, Retired Military Veteran, along with your identification.

Your tab is on me for your birthday.

Ryan Hung
Owner, Reel Priorities
http://www.ReelPriorities.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Specializing in training proficient Northwest steelhead anglers."

http://reelpriorities.com/

Official Digital Anglers Sponsor

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Heather: thank you for your service and sacrifices.

Ryan: Good on ya! But... Home cooked sushi?!?!

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:35 pm

That's real cool of you Reel Priorities

rpbfishin
Petty Officer

Post by rpbfishin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:26 am

What a class act. Good for you, Mr. Hung. May the fish be always after your offerings.