Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Congrats! Excited to hear how she handles.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Congrats on a great looking boat with LOTS!!!!! of work into her. Good luck Monday. Which lake are you fishing? Do you have a back up/chase boat following you around?
Tom.

Interests: living

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Amx wrote:Congrats on a great looking boat with LOTS!!!!! of work into her. Good luck Monday. Which lake are you fishing? Do you have a back up/chase boat following you around?
Going to Clear Lake. No chaser boat. If big motor dies 2011 Yamaha will get us to launch.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:14 pm

[thumbup]

Always good to have 2 motors. I had to do it once when my big motor broke the drive shaft after owning the boat for less then a month. North end of Sammamish. Got less then half way south on the electric and there was a guy there that towed us the rest of the way to the south end and the launch. The guy fishing with me said he knew a guy that fishes a certain spot, and he was there fishing. [thumbsup]
Tom.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 am

Ok Ol' Girl is my backyard now. What a present since it is my birthday today.
The Lord has truly blessed me with the help of so many people over the last 2 years. Some of them might not be on here any more because they thought the forum sucked. I am sorry you felt you had to leave. Thank you, Thank you!
Special thanks to Steve for his MacGyver ideas that made this boat fishable.

But is it a catching boat?

I wanted to know if this was a fish killing boat like my little one so we went out to Clear Lake for kokanee. The test was to catch kokanee without bait or lure.

There will be a video. How did it turn out?
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

WooHoo Happy Birthday Toni and congrats on getting Her done. Can't wait to see the video!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Rosann G wrote:WooHoo Happy Birthday Toni and congrats on getting Her done. Can't wait to see the video!
Thank you...I am having a hard time waiting.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:34 am

Time for some slime! [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Steve Ericsson
Petty Officer

Post by Steve Ericsson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:18 am

Toni wrote:
Rosann G wrote:WooHoo Happy Birthday Toni and congrats on getting Her done. Can't wait to see the video!
Thank you...I am having a hard time waiting.

Me too, it's like waiting for a momma elephant to give birth!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 am

Well the fish box stinks and 2 of us got 9 kokanee today before we quit.
Everything went pretty good for a newbie at power boats. The boat loads good, comes off good, kills fish. I don't have a hard time backing it up like I was worried about. I backed the outboard into the shed. (skeg in to the wood) Got that out of the way...no damage. It is going to take me a while to learn this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Toni on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:35 am

Congrats on the bloody fish. :cheers:

If you have a building or fence on either side of the parking spot for the boat, then what I did was to paint a line on said wall where it just shows/lines up in the window of the tow vehicle. Then I stop. Boat parked properly every time. No building, then put a steak in the ground where it will line up with the window frame when the boat is parked properly.
Tom.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Amx wrote:Congrats on the bloody fish. :cheers:

If you have a building or fence on either side of the parking spot for the boat, then what I did was to paint a line on said wall where it just shows/lines up in the window of the tow vehicle. Then I stop. Boat parked properly every time. No building, then put a steak in the ground where it will line up with the window frame when the boat is parked properly.
Yes, that is what Kim (pinkpole) told me but since I haven't done it before I am going to have to find out what is a good spot...yes I have a fence. Now I have to dig out the ground so I can put the motor down.

Steak? T-bone or rib? Or do you mean stake?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Toni wrote:

Yes, that is what Kim (pinkpole) told me but since I haven't done it before I am going to have to find out what is a good spot...yes I have a fence. Now I have to dig out the ground so I can put the motor down.

Steak, steak. That way the dog can lay there eating it, and you can use him to 'mark the spot'. [laugh]
Tom.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Amx wrote:
Toni wrote:

Steak, steak. That way the dog can lay there eating it, and you can use him to 'mark the spot'. [laugh]
Better him than what he leaves to mark the spot... [woot]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Plenty of those 'marks' around here from my big dog. [laugh]
Tom.

Idstud
Lieutenant

Post by Idstud » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Glad to hear of the good trip with it well anticipated after the boat fixer upper. Instead of digging a hole you might think of a wood ramp with 4x4 or 4x6 stops then you will know your at the stop point and wouldnt have to dig a hole. I staked a 4x6 post just a little over tire wide so it dosnt stick out as a trip hazard. I back mine in a costco car port. AMX I like the spot marker idea I think I will add that one too. Cant wait for the video.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 pm

You can see the 18 minute video on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wannafish.alure I think. Trent has to cut it down to 15 minutes to get it on YouTube

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:31 pm

You gonna put the video on here at all?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:37 pm

sickbayer wrote:You gonna put the video on here at all?
If it gets to YouTube. I don't think I can take a facebook video and put it here

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:49 am

Oh well, I just feel the thread would be complete the post and topic. More could watch it on you tube, anyways glad everything got worked. My advice for backing would be slow speed and slow turns on the wheel, that will get you up to a pro in no time at all.