Spokane Tribe to kill walleye on Spokane Arm

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: Spokane Tribe to kill walleye on Spokane Arm

Post by AJ's Dad » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:30 am

Buc,
You may enjoy reading this short story I found online.
http://www.khq.com/story/21973938/repor ... r-poaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm

a tribal member poaching c'mon man. wait for it soverign immunity?

Basser61@comcast.net
Angler

Post by Basser61@comcast.net » Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 am

Yo Buc you trying to make my catch look small or what, you must not have caught a five pounder or better and only took a picture yourself holding it by the mouth only to have someone say it looks small ok cool I can deal with your comment so what are you catching that I can comment on, where you live, you probably have better bass fishing over there, not so much here, so any four five or six pounder caught over here is great only I can catch multibles and I don't see any on your end. Besides if you are worried about size and limits then you only are caring about food for the table eh ? I catch and release normally at this place but the balance is changing, not as many little ones so some big ones are going to end up on the plate this year, just cause you can't see the rest of the fish doesn't mean they were small. I will post a fuzzy pic of one laid out so you can see whatever your judging my size of fish on so take care man and happy fishing my friend

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am

bs 61, might wanna check yourself this post is about walleye? [flapper]
Last edited by buc on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Basser61@comcast.net
Angler

Post by Basser61@comcast.net » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 am

Like I care about your fishery up there, we have our own issues with the Indians here also, nothing new around here, they get the nets out take their suppossed quota and then some I'm sure and we cannot fish until whenever the fish and game decide. Sorry to here you'll have issues also, damn state keeps on tack on higher fee for licensens and the Discovery Pass thing man just a nickel and diming us. So no hard feelings keep on keeping on Tight Lines ole boy, take care and God Bless.

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am

couth? like you have none! :^o :-#
Last edited by buc on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrpikemt1
Angler

Post by mrpikemt1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Funny how they go after pike minnows (squawfish) and they are a native fish too, for eating salmon......never mind the fact that 90 percent of all western fisheries are not native species.....then pike....and now walleye.....

looks like the federal government is paying out to the tribes again, maybe they should pay them to manage and not to exploit fisheries....just a thought.

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

snafu? when in doubt re-route the trout make em pay, transplant a spinyray? SPINYRAYS RULE! [sneaky]

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 pm

I already boycott the tribes, ever since gambling became their big push. I'm told I'm part Indian/Native American whatever, but I no longer mention it in public. I don't hate, but I'm not proud of what they are doing either.

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Walleye are being transplanted by natives, people who live here are natives! hehe [sneaky]

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah, I consider people born here native. Thought it was the definition...

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:38 pm

I agree with you I am also native and I will make the spiny ray flourish inn this area with help from my native friends! :-$ walleyes rule!

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:48 pm

I know I've been turning even more of the bigger walleye back since I learned of the planned genocide, especially away from the Sanpoil, where they may survive and multiply.

Dan 2Rivers
Angler

Post by Dan 2Rivers » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:27 pm

As a Spokane Tribal member we do not want to kill walleye on the Spokane Arm, Our Tribe wants to open the Spokane Arm for non members to fish year around and finally the State has agreed and opened walleye fishing year around. If the Tribe wanted to Kill all the walleye don't you think they wood let the Tribal members gill net and it has been approached by Tribal members to do so, and they have not and will not let that happen so to say the Tribe want's to Kill walleye is far from the truth.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:32 pm

So you are saying the 2 articles at the beginning are in error? Not that it would be the 1rst time a newspaper messed up, but...?

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:35 pm

They are gill netting they are killing walleye they are letting people catch 16 a day they are letting people catch 16 a day during spawn killing millions of eggs. You just got all the non native people to help you cause they don't know any better. Nice Try! :^o

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:35 pm

I did see one net across the San Poil a couple of years ago, so unless you have some kind of proof, I'm unconvinced. Haven't been up since. That being said, I know not every Tribe member would be on board with the policy. D2R, check with the council please.

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Well try looking harder and maybe spend more time on the water and less on your computer! Get out and fish!
Next the Indians will say pot plants are native and we must give them all the profits from it!
I use common sense! @#%&= LMFN

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 am

Wouldn't mind them taking those profits. Think they'd trade for the fish, or some of them? If I fish any more I might as well sell my house!! Common sense: Rare needed commodity! Went to engineering school with an old school Native/Indian (which he called himself) and he was just as disgusted with most of his "new generation" as "we" are with much of ours. Many seem to take what is good, drop it, then take the worst a society has to offer. According to history, many nations have fallen that way. Well, time to go fishing!!

buc
Petty Officer

Post by buc » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Political power and lack of common sense kills most countries. Where next just look at our idiot leader of the so called free world. I am going fishing as well!

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”