Anyone fish Lake Kachess?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Anyone fish Lake Kachess?

Post by soulfishhawk » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:59 am

Doing a camping trip with the fam next weekend. Going to hit Lake Kachess out by Cle Elum. My brother in law said way back when it was pretty decent, but it's been years etc.
Just wanted to see if anyone has any info/tips etc. on this lake. Or, if you have been out there this year.
We will be fishing from shore. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
[thumbup]

G-Man
Admiral

Re: Anyone fish Lake Kachess?

Post by G-Man » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 pm

The lake is good for for smaller sized kokes. Silver has been the goto color for me on this lake and you'll pick up the occasional laker, squawfish and bull trout as well. The lake also has burbot, just be mindfull of the submerged trees and stumps if you want to target them. Best is to fish for them in the evening from shore.

Note, the main ramp in very nice but there is no dock. I'd highly recommend a second person when launching there to help keep the boat off the rocks as the there is no place to beach it. With the like this high, the eastern launch should work better as you can beach the boat directly to either side after launching.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 am

There's also Maks and Bows in the lake. For Maks, you will want to look for them with electronics and then hit them. Key on structure.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:52 am

Thanks for the info fellas, I think we will be doing from shore. But my brother in Law may have the hookup on a boat, so hoping for some trolling. Just looking forward to getting out on the lake and chillin.