Quantum Code? Bait cast reel

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
DannyL
Captain

Quantum Code? Bait cast reel

Post by DannyL » Thu May 22, 2014 9:21 pm

So is the quantum code a quantum smoke just a less expensive reel? Same matte black finish. My work just got a couple in and was thinking of buying one. Anyone use em?
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Re: Quantum Code? Bait cast reel

Post by rcthepirate » Fri May 23, 2014 9:10 am

The code is a much different reel than the smoke. The code actually has some alright features for a less expensive baitcaster, but it doesn't have the super high precision bearings, the high quality drag, or a lot of the machined aluminum parts that the smoke has. It's a much lower quality reel. If it was me I would save my money.

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Re: Quantum Code? Bait cast reel

Post by bcalvert » Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 am

I have the code and I probably wouldn't buy another one. As rcthepirate said it is a much lower quality reel. I find that the bearings are where you really see the difference. For me it is hard to get real long casts with this reel, even when throwing a 3/4 oz swim jig. I still have the reel and use it but mostly for pitching applications. I do like the filp/cast switch that toggles engaging the spool when you lift your thumb off the free spool button. I found that the PT Accurist performs much better for me and is still at an reasonable price.