Looking for level wind trolling reels x 2

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Looking for level wind trolling reels x 2

Post by The Quadfather » Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 pm

I have been fishing with Abu Ambassadeur reels, don't have model # in front of me. I am ready to move on with these reels. I have had them about 7 years, but they are falling apart.
If you have a quality level wind reel that suits itself to trolling either fresh water OR salt water please let me know what you have, or even a recommendation on what you like.
I am not interested in expensive reels, as in $175-200.00, but rather I care about a lasting piece of equipment to do the job. Not low profile bass style bait casters, but reels with depth that hold enough 20lb test to fish the salt or 300' deep lakes.
Again.. even a recommendation in case I go with new.

KIDKOKANEE
Petty Officer

Re: Looking for level wind trolling reels x 2

Post by KIDKOKANEE » Fri May 09, 2014 9:25 pm

See Classifieds SALMON REELS LINECOUNTERS OKUMA dropped price to $60 for both new condition with new line 20 lb on both nice left handed oversized handles!! reels over $75 each used once or twice at Pt Defiance n Redondo ! selling for a fishing Bud when Salmon season gets goin there will sell on ebay etc instantly!! Just bringing to your attention if interested!!

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Fri May 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Shimano tritons are pretty hard to beat for an inexpensive salmon trolling reel. The TR-200G will hold plenty of 20 lb. test for salmon fishing. They're only $70 and pretty much bomb proof. And if they do need to be repaired/tuned up you can send it back to Shimano and for $30 they'll fix it/clean it up and replace the drag washers. Pretty sweet deal. Great customer service.

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Quadfather, those okuma convectors are awesome reels! And kidkokanee is selling them for a killer deal. Id totally buy them if i didnt already have em. Plus they are one of the few that come with a left hand retrieve model.

dutchman2858
Commander

Post by dutchman2858 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:20 pm

I used to use Quantum Cabo level winds for trolling but can't get the model I like anymore. I switched to Shimano Charter Special TR1000LD's this year and really like them. They run about $120 online new, but good used ones can be found for considerably less.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat May 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Sent you a PM

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat May 10, 2014 5:58 pm

schu7498 wrote:Quadfather, those okuma convectors are awesome reels! And kidkokanee is selling them for a killer deal. Id totally buy them if i didnt already have em. Plus they are one of the few that come with a left hand retrieve model.
Yeah, I completely forgot that I do have one of the Okuma convectors. Pretty bad that I am forgetting what I have in reels, while shopping for reels. :scratch:
The Kokekid's reels are gone. I do have to admit that the convector is built like a tank. Whenever I use it I seem to recall how it feels indestructible, albeit not near as pretty as my Abu's... but for all their prettiness, they are falling apart and the convector is the long living cockroach.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sat May 10, 2014 6:19 pm

What are you going to do with your old abus that are falling apart?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:What are you going to do with your old abus that are falling apart?
I will sell the Abus. I shouldn't make it sound like they are toast. One I think is just fine, I have to go assess the situation. The other one needs some adjustment? The crank arm is wobbly.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Wed May 14, 2014 5:43 pm

You said nothing 175-200, but I have to suggest the Shimano Tekota. I made the switch from abus and will not go back. You can get them for 150 or less on ebay. They are worth the money if you like to troll.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed May 14, 2014 5:52 pm

fear_no_fish wrote:You said nothing 175-200, but I have to suggest the Shimano Tekota. I made the switch from abus and will not go back. You can get them for 150 or less on ebay. They are worth the money if you like to troll.
Fear-no-fish... So happy to hear u say that.
I am fixing to buy one tomorrow from another forum member.
Looking forward.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Thu May 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Right on! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. They are defiantly a step up from a okuma convector I can tell you that. Good luck :salut: