fish i want to add to catch list

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cavdad45
Commodore

RE:fish i want to add to catch list

Post by cavdad45 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Fisherman_max wrote:
cavdad45 wrote:In 2008, I will get my dolphin and possibly a sailfish and/or marlin. Lots of pictures and a fiberglass repro to boot.

i was not aware that you could fish for dolphin, but i think it would be fun because they would put up a great fight, although I might feel bad hurting one afterall they are sea mammals and not fish.
Dude, a dolphin not a porpoise. Also known as Dorado or MahiMahi. Common misconception.#-o

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:29 pm

hahahahaha sorry cavdad i automatically thought of the dolphins you see at sea world. i call them dorado's and i did not know they were also called dolphin fish lol. yea i would like to catch one of those, i hear that they are the best eating fish in the world.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:47 pm

They are one of the prettiest fish in my book. Looking for a nice wall mount. If I get a trophy-sized one, I will measure everything carefully and take a bunch of photos then release it and get a fiberglass reproduction made to the measured specs. If it's not a trophy sized fish, we will have it prepared locally for dinner, after pictures, of course.