King County Opener

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
geekgiant
Petty Officer

King County Opener

Post by geekgiant » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:30 am

Our usual plans for the trout opener have fallen through and we'll be sticking close to home in Kent. Looking for somewhere I can take my 3 year old and not have to combat fish for a 12" planter. I'm close to Panther, Meridian and Desire, but open to other suggestions. How's the shore action at Angle?

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Re: King County Opener

Post by chrome_chasin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 am

lots of lakes within an hour drive of Kent. Have you thought about Kapowsin? Rent a small boat for the day. You will have a hard time keeping the trout of your line. And best is that there aren't any speed boats screaming around.

geekgiant
Petty Officer

Post by geekgiant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:44 am

Haven't been out to Kapowsin for years. I have an inflatable I might take out if the weather's nice. Otherwise I might go to the dock at Desire or Wilderness.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 am

The fishing dock at Angle can be pretty good but you'll have company.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:29 pm

A year round lake will have good chances at having fewer people. I will be fishing a private lake lol.

geekgiant
Petty Officer

Post by geekgiant » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:47 pm

I think I've got the plan in place. We're going to start at Desire or Sawyer and then if it's slow and the kids aren't having fun we'll make our way to the kids only places in Auburn or Kent. Princess pole getting a fresh spool of line and we'll be ready to rock.