Fish Eagle II rods $35 at Cabelas bargain cave

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
AnglerNo.2112
Angler

Fish Eagle II rods $35 at Cabelas bargain cave

Post by AnglerNo.2112 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm

I was just in the Lacey Cabelas a couple hours ago and they had about a dozen left. All casting rods I believe, mainly M/H but I think i saw one M. They were $80 but the new Fish Eagle 50's are out so they're getting rid of all the old ones. Seems like a pretty good deal.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Fish Eagle II rods $35 at Cabelas bargain cave

Post by BentRod » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks for the notice. I bought my Fish Eagle II rods while they were on sale a few years ago at 50% of, so got them for $40 each. $80 was the regular price then. I've got four; a 7' MH spinning, an 8.5' MH casting, a 10' M spinning, and a 10' M casting. I've enjoyed these rods and routinely use the 10' rods for salmon and steelhead, but can't say I'd pay $80 ea. for them. I think there are better options out there for similarly priced rods. For $35 I'd say they'd be a bargain worth taking advantage of. The only problem I've had with any of them so far is the ferrule that tightens down the reel seat on my 10' spinning rod broke this last season. It's still useable, but the epoxy glue on the front appeared to be incorrectly applied during manufacturing. Other than that they've taken some abuse and have stood up to some good fights over the last few years and are still in good shape. For $35 I'd definitely buy another. The problem is that I'd spend more than $35 in gas getting to the nearest Cabela's and back.
FWIW.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”