WDFW seeks fishing gear manufs retail serve new advis group

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

WDFW seeks fishing gear manufs retail serve new advis group

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 pm

WDFW NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

January 16, 2014

Contacts: Kelly Cunningham, (360) 902-2325;
Chris Donley, (509) 892-1001, ext. 307

WDFW seeks fishing gear manufacturers,
retailers to serve on new advisory group

OLYMPIA – The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is seeking applications through Feb. 14 for membership on a new advisory group that will provide guidance on increasing angler participation in Washington’s inland fisheries.

Up to 15 qualified individuals will be chosen to serve on the Retailers and Manufacturers Advisory Group for 2014 and 2015.

The department is seeking representatives from retail and manufacturing businesses with an understanding of recreational inland fisheries for non-anadromous species, such as trout, walleye, bass and panfish, said Chris Donley, inland fish program manager for WDFW.

“We’re looking for leaders in the industries with first-hand knowledge of recreational fishing opportunities for resident fish in Washington,” Donley said. “The goal is to refine our management of inland fisheries to not only attract new people to the sport but also to help ensure we continue to provide sustainable opportunities.”

Members of the group are expected to meet quarterly to share ideas on developing partnerships designed to increase anglers’ interest in inland fisheries, as well as provide feedback on inland fisheries policy and management.

Applicants should be decision makers at an outdoors-oriented business in Washington – preferably as CEO, general manager, president, or marketing director.
Applications must be submitted in writing with the following information:

Applicant's name, address, telephone number and email address.
Relevant experience and reasons for wanting to serve as a member of the advisory group.
Applicant's effectiveness in marketing to anglers and potential anglers.
Name and contact information for any individual or organization submitting an application.
Applications must be received by Feb. 14. Applications may be submitted to Kelly Cunningham by mail: Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, 600 Capitol Way N., Olympia, WA, 98501; or email Kelly.Cunningham@dfw.wa.gov .

Members serve as volunteers and do not receive direct compensation, but mileage reimbursement is provided by WDFW to attend meetings. For more information, contact Cunningham at (360) 902-2325.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been sent to the WDFW All Information mailing list.
Visit the WDFW News Release Archive at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: WDFW seeks fishing gear manufs retail serve new advis gr

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey, I'm a CEO, maybe I should apply. [biggrin]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Hey, I'm a CEO, maybe I should apply. [biggrin]
I nominate Mike Carey to that position!

At your fingertips is a massive accumulation of non-biased information from the "recreational inland fisheries for non-anadromous species, such as trout, walleye, bass and panfish". :cheers:
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 am

Mike Carey wrote:Hey, I'm a CEO, maybe I should apply. [biggrin]
Why not?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:36 am

This is why not - "Members serve as volunteers and do not receive direct compensation, but mileage reimbursement is provided by WDFW to attend meetings. "

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

natetreat wrote:This is why not - "Members serve as volunteers and do not receive direct compensation, but mileage reimbursement is provided by WDFW to attend meetings. "
Not an issue for me Nate, and the mileage reimbursement would be appreciated.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

I'd do it if I qualified. I think I would be more interested in giving feedback on policies and management than increasing angler interest. But then I believe that better policies and management WOULD increase angler interest..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Uncle Wes
Warrant Officer

Post by Uncle Wes » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 pm

I think it would be an interesting committee to get involved with and who knows maybe something good could come out of it.