Everett man flees in fishing sting at Banks Lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
BassSlayer1981
Petty Officer

Everett man flees in fishing sting at Banks Lake

Post by BassSlayer1981 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Don't know if this has been posted but yet another crime on banks. It seems like it happens every year. If its not banks its lake lenore here in the coulee. I always get a kick on how these idiots try to get away. Glad to see there bustin these fools in my favorite area to fish.

http://www.columbiabasinherald.com/news ... mment-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Everett man flees in fishing sting at Banks Lake

Post by Amx » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:39 pm

[thumbsup]
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Can we hope for a strong sentence? Please? ](*,)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Weird, ******** caught raping mother earth? Unheard of!

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 am

deportation with no option for return would be the best solution

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 am

Not sure what the punishment would have been for the wildlife violation but the vehicular assault and putting the public at risk during their escape attempt should win them some additional attention from the prosecutor. Hope they enjoy it. These geniuses could have smashed into or run over completely innocent people, I would hope that part of their stellar behavior is a serious felony.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Here's a link to the story about the individuals from spokane.
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors ... anks-lake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There seems to be a common denominator to these two Banks lake stories and the Lake Lenore story.
I would hate to do any ethnic profiling here but I say "If the shoe fits" ???????
Or should I say, "если обувь подходит" [-X

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:39 pm

It seems like the cost of the punishment barely fits the benefit of the crime. Why whitefish? There isn't even a commercial market for 'em that I know of. And why run? That guy is going to do a lot of time for some nearly worthless rough fish. I don't get it.

But the ethnicity of the guys, unfortunately, doesn't surprise me. I've seen and reported some bad behavior from them. But I've also fished with a lot of them that are great people, law abiding and cool to hang out with. It's really fun to see an old guys light up when you manage to show him an effective and legal technique when you don't even speak the same language. A lot of pointing and gestures go into it.

gonnahookit
Lieutenant

Post by gonnahookit » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Nate, they have a thing for whitefish, apparently. On three different times out fishing for steelhead, I've run into those from the far northeast, shall we say, who were not out fishing for steelhead. They wanted whitefish.

Maybe it's like catnip for them.

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:42 am

Back in the 80's we used to go fish banks lake through the ice. We would show up at about 9:30 pm. You could catch a days limit before midnight, and then fish for the next daays limit. It was legal to have 2 days limit in yuor posession. That would have been like 30 fish per person if I remember right. We did this for a number of years, then one winter the Russian fishermen started showing up. They would have 8 or 10 people fishing. One year there was virtually no ice and we fished from a boat.About an hour after we got started, they showed up with three boats of people. I was told by a russian coworker that the white fish are similar to a fish that can be caught in Russia, and they like them. I don't know if they distribute them throughout their community weather it be for free or if they sell them.

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 am

I believe they're after the roe.

I've never met a law abiding eastern European fisherman although I'm sure they exist. When the Ranger shows up they always dump their bucket of 20 trout or black plastic bag of salmon into the water and leave. It's ridiculous!

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 am

fished next to one last year on the Snohomish, he was snagging silvers when they were not biting. I thought he was going to punch his card and pretend he caught it, nope into the bag it went and on to trying to snag another.

Diamonddave
Petty Officer

Post by Diamonddave » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Thats awesome catch all freekin poachers!

rfnbry
Angler

Post by rfnbry » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Its the same way with these guys at whatcom creek. Absolutely ridiculous...

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:51 pm

They've been at it for decades, most with the same dialect. Profiling has a logic to it, as long as one doesn't prejudge all with the same characteristic. Glad they caught some of them, but I wish they could punish accordingly.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:06 am

fishinChristian wrote:They've been at it for decades, most with the same dialect. Profiling has a logic to it, as long as one doesn't prejudge all with the same characteristic. Glad they caught some of them, but I wish they could punish accordingly.
you are right on the money there! :salut: