perch fishing again/invite.

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
michaelunbewust
Commander

perch fishing again/invite.

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:54 am

have 12 ft. alum. boat, motor, trialer, fully licensed and tabbed. no truck at the moment. have saturday and sunday available to fish lake washington. we can target perch or trout. 1 7/8 inch ball required. great deal for truck owner with no boat. chad, marko, doug l. interested??? have been pretty successful with other wl.com'ers. only 1 skunk day.

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

RE:perch fishing again/invite.

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi micheal id love to hook up some w/e, are you located seattle area? i live in tacoma but work in Des moines, so im closer on a off day bad thing is id get off work round 8am. my email is ptaplin1197@hotmail. i also have a 10 fiberglass i throw in the back of the truck. lemme know if your upppers for it i need to build up the oar holes this w/e. just in case the battery fails lol!

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:00 pm

gotta retract the offer. heading to potholes in 2 hours to fish for WALLY'S! anybody hear of any reports from over there or moses lake?? anybody interested in fishing this fishery, have room for 1 on new alumaweld on sat. pm, and all day sunday. girlfriends dad just bought boat, but, works sat afternoon, and sunday out at hanford. would prefer someone with knowledge of nice boat, due to im pretty new to them. pm me if interested.

Hal
Warrant Officer

Post by Hal » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:12 am

So do we get a report? Did you slay the Walleyes as usual?
I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:22 pm

if i had anything to report, it would have gone up on the site. i think you have me mixed-up with someone else HAL! this is my first year exclusively going after wally's, never have slayed them, but ive learned alot of do's and dont's from alot of the pro's in eastern washington, and, on another website. I HAVE NEVER SAID IVE SLAYED THE WALLEYE, now perch on the other hand...... the only thing as usual for me is getting some underprivledged youth out on the water and into some blinds, which i did this week-end. (also tested my father-in-laws new boat). WHAT ABOUT YOU??

p.s. if you really need a report, there are 6 guys on this site who live right in the vicinity, i am sure they would help out, if you asked them nicely!hahaha!

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:54 pm

I'm interested in lake WA perch fishing sometime. I'd like to compare my methods against others. Mine aren't anything special other than using the fishfinder to locate them and the GPS to stay on top of them

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:38 pm

hi bill, going to try it the 22nd, if your interested. i to use the fishfinder, but i do use a method not seen around here a whole lot (chrome spooning), for the perch. in fact, its hard for me to find the lure in these parts, i usually get a year's supply for christmas. pm me if interested.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:23 pm

I ordered some of the bigger swedish pimples for bottom dropping

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:38 pm

hahaha! where do you get the bigger ones? my aunt lives in brainerd,mn, and, mails me a bunch every x-mas, but they are the smaller variety, i think if i had the larger spoon, it would get down there quicker to the larger ones in 60 ft. of water. the lil ones work excellant over at scootney resevior in the winter. how do you utilize the gps to stay on them with them chasing those little silver baitfish all over hell and gone?

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:51 pm

Mike-

Check out Cabela's...they had quite the selection of Swedish Pimples when I was there a couple weeks ago. Can't exactly remember the sizes, but for some reason I believe they ranged anywhere from either a 1/16th or 1/8th oz. up to either a 1/2 or 5/8 oz. . Or something like that...

With regards to using GPS, mine isn't integrated with my fish finder, it is a hand held Magellan Platinum. Probably the easiest way I could see utilizing it would to set way points when I find the fish. That way I could get a good grid and either anchor or use the troller to stay on top as I'm moved around by the wind or current.

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:54 pm

last time I was out I had a heck of a time staying overtop the fish. Found them in 35' of water and for the first time I was troubled by a mobile school. They swam all over the place and I had a hard time staying overtop. Finally I anchored and they came under the boat occasionally. When they did the bottom was black.

I ordered the bigger Swedish Pimples from Cabelas. They aren't in the catalog but can be found online by doing a search on swedish pimple.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”