cannonball weights for cheap

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
goonatic
Commander

cannonball weights for cheap

Post by goonatic » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 am

so at most places is seems like cannonball weights are around 40-50 cents a piece right? well last week i was looking through craiglist to see if anyone had a good deal and i found that several people sell cannonballs very cheap! the guy i found sold me 120 3/4oz cannonballs and 90 1oz cannonballs for 40 bucks, thatll last me probably years, maybe even a decade since i dont lose too many. plus they were made pretty well, smooth, not too soft, not brittle, and i couldnt pull the brass eyelet thing out, just thought id share this to save you money and help those good samaritans out haha [thumbsup]

mallard83
Commodore

Re: cannonball weights for cheap

Post by mallard83 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 am

If it is the guy in Marysville, he does great work. My brother and I have been buying our cannonballs from him for years now. I also purchased a nice pyramid anchor from him a few years ago. My brother bought a mold so we won't need to buy cannonballs anymore but I highly recommend the guy from Marysville.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 am

goonatic wrote:so at most places is seems like cannonball weights are around 40-50 cents a piece right? well last week i was looking through craiglist to see if anyone had a good deal and i found that several people sell cannonballs very cheap! the guy i found sold me 120 3/4oz cannonballs and 90 1oz cannonballs for 40 bucks, thatll last me probably years, maybe even a decade since i dont lose too many. plus they were made pretty well, smooth, not too soft, not brittle, and i couldnt pull the brass eyelet thing out, just thought id share this to save you money and help those good samaritans out haha [thumbsup]
do you have contact info? I think I bought a downrigger ball from the Marysville guy a few years back.....

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:16 am

was the guys off his rocker in any way?
guys that make their own led weights for years eventually start losing brain cells.. :-"

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 am

I pour my own lead. Just 1/2 and 3/4 oz so far. And like mentioned, I pour it in my garage with the door fully open and a fan right by the melting pot blowing that air outside. I think I'm going to also start wearing a mask.

But my weights come out great and it's already saved me a ton of money. Store bought weights are SOOOOO overpriced!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 am

mizm05 wrote:I pour my own lead..... I think I'm going to also start wearing a mask.
Highly recommended. :salut:

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

oneshot wrote:was the guys off his rocker in any way?
guys that make their own led weights for years eventually start losing brain cells.. :-"
As long as the guys prices stay cheap, who cares how looney he gets off the fumes.. :)

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm

So thats why Im crazy. Ive been making 4,5,6 oz pyramid sinkers for years now. This explains alot. Must be those lead fumes.

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:38 pm

how do we contact that guy?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am

racfish wrote:So thats why Im crazy. Ive been making 4,5,6 oz pyramid sinkers for years now. This explains alot. Must be those lead fumes.
Oh so now you're going to blame it on the lead............ [razz]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 am

Me too, now I know why I can't find words easily. And I thought it was just growing old. Dang.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:29 am

Mike Carey wrote:Me too, now I know why I can't find words easily. And I thought it was just growing old. Dang.

Hehehe, yep early onset, I suffer from it too. It happens from years of raising kids and having them roll their eyes when you tell them to do something...... [wink]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:31 am

PS guys besides wearing a mask if you're going to pour lead, it should be done under a hood while you wear a mask. It doesn't take much and it accumulative so there is no getting away from it. It only takes a little. [blink]

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:38 am

Bodofish wrote:PS guys besides wearing a mask if you're going to pour lead, it should be done under a hood while you wear a mask. It doesn't take much and it accumulative so there is no getting away from it. It only takes a little. [blink]
way too late now. :-"
So having kids is as bad to brain cells as inhaling lead fumes. Ouch.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Bodofish wrote:PS guys besides wearing a mask if you're going to pour lead, it should be done under a hood while you wear a mask. It doesn't take much and it accumulative so there is no getting away from it. It only takes a little. [blink]
way too late now. :-"
So having kids is as bad to brain cells as inhaling lead fumes. Ouch.
Yep well documented! Just take a look at your folks and see what you did to them.... :)

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:11 am

Just curious what a hood would cost? And what type I would look for? How would you vent it from the garage? Just a dryer duct running out the garage door?

goonatic
Commander

Post by goonatic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm

360 791 8076
heres the guys number, his ad says hes in lacey, but maybe you can ask to meet somewhere, he didnt seem cooky to me haha