Thomas Eddy

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sven2k5
Petty Officer

Thomas Eddy

Post by sven2k5 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Anybody with any luck for silvers at Thomas Eddy lately? I was there after the big rain but only got a bunch of humpies...

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Re: Thomas Eddy

Post by Bmastro777 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:30 am

Sorry, cant help you as I haven't fished it. Been on the skykomish doing just fine. Get out there and give it a shot! I'm sure theres fish there :fish: :fish:

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Bmastro Is right hit the sky or Wallace, it seems these 2 rivers are easier for bank anglers than the snoho, I'm sure it can be done don't get me wrong, but theyre easier for a noob like me.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 pm

wallace and sky are fishing very well. bring some eggs, they are crushing them right now.

Live2Fish4Life
Petty Officer

Post by Live2Fish4Life » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:34 am

There are a couple places at Thomas eddy holding a few fish, you just need to be willing to move around to find them.

Bugmasta is spot on with eggs. The fish are hammering them if presented correctly. I had two fish Sat just inhale the eggs and slammed down my float. I think covering water is going to be a good bet. There are fish around just need to find them.

sven2k5
Petty Officer

Post by sven2k5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks guys. I actually ended up at the Wallace on Sunday and caught a couple of fire trucks on chartreuse yarn. They didn't seem to be very picky even though the water was sooooooo low.

Hepker
Petty Officer

Post by Hepker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 pm

fished thomas eddy today for the first time. parked just downstream from the main trail going to the river after a walkabout to get acquainted. saw one red silver landed and others roll thru every now and then. saw a couple people come back from the gravel bar with a fish as well. nice people out there.
Carl

kyamukun
Petty Officer

Post by kyamukun » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 am

noob here, still looking for my first coho! when floating eggs how long should the leader be? i'm sure it depends on the depth of the river, and where the fish are holding up, but how do you judge that?

ragibby
Petty Officer

Post by ragibby » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Has any one fished Thomas eddy this past week at all? Any fish down there at all?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:20 pm

kyamukun wrote:noob here, still looking for my first coho! when floating eggs how long should the leader be? i'm sure it depends on the depth of the river, and where the fish are holding up, but how do you judge that?
That's a great question.

The fish we got Wednesday on eggs were in deep water (maybe 12-15 feet deep hole, and the eggs were suspended about 5-6 feet deep. I'm sure no expert, but I always thought the rule of thumb was to drift them just off the bottom. In this case they slammed suspended eggs. I'm sure there are guys with more experience/knowledge than I that can address this question.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 pm

kyamukun wrote:noob here, still looking for my first coho! when floating eggs how long should the leader be? i'm sure it depends on the depth of the river, and where the fish are holding up, but how do you judge that?
Usually you want to be within a foot or so from the bottom. Closer yet right now since they are gettin Lockjawed, you gotta hit em between the eyes to make em bite. My leaders are usually only about two feet then a swivel, with pencil lead clipped on, then the float. Adjust your depth on the mainline until you hit bottom, then bring it up six inches and try again. :nemo: :fish: :fish: