Techniques for high and fast water?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
losaturn
Warrant Officer

Re: Techniques for high and fast water?

Post by losaturn » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Fish the #1 Dicknites as is, out of the package. I've swapped the stock hooks for Gami's in the same size, and haven't noticed a difference in the number of fish landed or lost.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:26 am

Interesting. I'll try the #1 DN's and see what happens. When I was messing around with them last night I could darn near bend those little hooks by hand. Maybe I need to lay off the 'roids. LOL

Mong_fisherman
Angler

Post by Mong_fisherman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Mizmo, just got back from Sportco...they got plenty of the 50/50 in stock now.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:39 pm

We have been picking up more fish within 5 to 10 ft off bank lately with the high and fast waters.. they are close in ehen its up and fish running fast.. .

doubleo6point9
Petty Officer

Post by doubleo6point9 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I was fishing the lower Green where bait is legal and saw people doing things differently than what I was expecting when it came to high, dirty and fast water. They actually kept their weights fairly light and just let the roe drift close and as far down as they could. Everyone was hooking up but me so I gave it a shot and even though I had a really hard time feeling the bottom I got a hookup as well. Might be worth a shot.