Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishee2
Petty Officer

Re: Where have you had problems with breakins or vandalism

Post by fishee2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Many few years ago, i was fishing up on the Skykomish river. I had nothing inside the car, i took my stereo faceplate with me. I do however have a back up fishing rod in the back of my trunk. I was greatful that they had missed what was inside the trunk.

But they broke passenger side window, and slashed 2 of my tires. They ripped out the stereo even without the faceplate, the stereo is complete garbage without the faceplate.

I really hope these methheads will run into the wrong person sometime in there lives. I hope they get shot or killed and left to rott in hell. Or gets drowded in our rivers or maybe even break their arms like they break my window. These type of people are nothing but slums and is a worth nothing in this world...

FlyGirl
Petty Officer

Post by FlyGirl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:37 pm

fishee2 wrote:Many few years ago, i was fishing up on the Skykomish river. I had nothing inside the car, i took my stereo faceplate with me. I do however have a back up fishing rod in the back of my trunk. I was greatful that they had missed what was inside the trunk.

But they broke passenger side window, and slashed 2 of my tires. They ripped out the stereo even without the faceplate, the stereo is complete garbage without the faceplate.

I really hope these methheads will run into the wrong person sometime in there lives. I hope they get shot or killed and left to rott in hell. Or gets drowded in our rivers or maybe even break their arms like they break my window. These type of people are nothing but slums and is a worth nothing in this world...

Wow......say what you really feel!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Honesty is the best policy.Hehehe. Them tweakers are the scum of the earth.Ive had a window busted out and had nothing to steal.

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

My husband went to the carbon this afternoon in orting just up river from the hatchery to take a look at the water. He parked next to a truck and went down to look at the water and by the time he came back, (just a few minutes) someone had bashed in the window of the truck next to him. He also checked out another part of the river and saw a group of sketchy looking people maybe casing the river access. Watch out Orting sucks

dea
Petty Officer

Post by dea » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 am

For goodness sakes, where are the video cameras? Come on folks. This is a no brainer. Video systems can be constructed with so little money these days due to the ease of network connections, and the ability to use standard computer equipment - have you seen the price of a laptop these days. [thumbsup]

We throw money away killing fish, and yet we cannot invest money in protecting the very people who purchase the licenses. [-X

The payback would be swift; lowered maintenance of vehicles, law enforc can focus on catching as opposed to chasing their tails, more people would purchase licenses because they would feel safe, which leads to more money for the fisheries(assuming they don't spend it on superfluous garbage), which leads to better fishery, which leads to more people purchasing licenses, how hard is this to understand?

Forgive me. My patience for poor management is at an all time low. ](*,)

bankrunner87
Angler

Post by bankrunner87 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 am

Tester road below 522 bridge. 2 others got hit as well at the same time as me. Stole half a pack of smokes cost me 90$ for window and a lifetime of glass in my ass. My doors now stay unlocked and glove box open and empty

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 pm

If you set up cameras ,they will be stolen and all the wiring that same night.

dea
Petty Officer

Post by dea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Hahaha. Not if, the integration contractor knows what they are doing.

dea
Petty Officer

Post by dea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey racfish! I grew up in Seward Park. Have you lived there long?

IsaiahW
Angler

Post by IsaiahW » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Im new here guys, but uh, I heard that the Quilicene Fish Hatchery is terrible. Apparently a lot of tweakers there. Went out today, saw nothing, just a few cuthroat and a few Jacks. But the salmon aren't in yet. I'll be back down Wednesday! Tell me what you guys get, if you land anything.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 pm

IsaiahW wrote:Im new here guys, but uh, I heard that the Quilicene Fish Hatchery is terrible. Apparently a lot of tweakers there. Went out today, saw nothing, just a few cuthroat and a few Jacks. But the salmon aren't in yet. I'll be back down Wednesday! Tell me what you guys get, if you land anything.
I'd make a post in the river forum. You'll get a much better response.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Add Enatai Beach Park in Bellevue to this list of places. I saw a car parked at the upper parking lot with the window smashed. The driver told me that a laptop and other items were taken.

Amazing. It was a busy sunny Sunday with lots of people around--I would have expected it to be safer with so many families coming and going for the beach and picnics

leefromseattle
Angler

Post by leefromseattle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:58 am

dea wrote:For goodness sakes, where are the video cameras? Come on folks. This is a no brainer. Video systems can be constructed with so little money these days due to the ease of network connections, and the ability to use standard computer equipment - have you seen the price of a laptop these days. [thumbsup]

We throw money away killing fish, and yet we cannot invest money in protecting the very people who purchase the licenses. [-X

The payback would be swift; lowered maintenance of vehicles, law enforc can focus on catching as opposed to chasing their tails, more people would purchase licenses because they would feel safe, which leads to more money for the fisheries(assuming they don't spend it on superfluous garbage), which leads to better fishery, which leads to more people purchasing licenses, how hard is this to understand?

Forgive me. My patience for poor management is at an all time low. ](*,)
The cops won't do anything even if you have faces on camera. Only if you have a license plate number will the lift an arm.

At work we had a laptop stolen with 30k in camera equipment, we can track it with GPS to the house it's sitting in, and the cops won't do anything saying they don't have a warrant and the people in the house said they didn't have it. Meanwhile you can pull up a map and see exactly where it is, and even access the webcam to see who's using it.

If anything, a game camera outside your vehicle pointed at the area might help if it could be concealed well enough to not be found.

I leave the doors unlocked and nothing in the vehicle.

Schenk
Petty Officer

Post by Schenk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:44 am

I have had similar experiences with our local "police" (if that is what you want to call them.
They seem to have the collective attitude that we citizens exist for their benefit...we are here to pay taxes and support them.
I could go on for paragraphs about how our local Police have failed me and many others but the bottom line appears to be this: If they can't make big headlines, collect a nice fine, or get a personal promotion busting someone, then they aren't going to do it.