Tahuya

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
elyhads
Angler

Tahuya

Post by elyhads » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am

Anyone been out to the Tahuya this week for silvers?

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Re: Tahuya

Post by NFCustom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:16 pm

I do not fish that system but I do know that it has a small to mediocre native coho population that does not need anymore pressure. I know that this post is going to get some upset, but you'll be more upset when your river gets overcrowded and trash and dirty syringes show up on the bank. Let's not start a lynch mob over my opinion this time please.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 pm

NFCustom is right. It's a few miles from me and I won't touch it. It will get overrun, as it usually does. Can't say if fish are there. Get out and explore.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:46 pm

No fish, trust me I was just out there, same with the dewatto, there are letters at the mouth of the dewatto so I expect hardly any fish again. One thing on the pressure thing is that on opening day of the tahuya there were over 20 cars there before 8am, ridiculous I hope everyone is proud of what a great fishery is now ruined,

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:No fish, trust me I was just out there, same with the dewatto, there are letters at the mouth of the dewatto so I expect hardly any fish again. One thing on the pressure thing is that on opening day of the tahuya there were over 20 cars there before 8am, ridiculous I hope everyone is proud of what a great fishery is now ruined,
letters at the mouth?!?!

I was there on Tuesday. 5 cars there, watched 7 people walk out with no fish. Talked to a couple dudes who walked the river, said there was nothing. I believed them and left.

Dude said people working the shipyards were to be furloughed due to the government shutdown, and that if there were any fish, there'd probably be 100 rigs there.

Not good for the fish

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah exactly heard either today or yesterday there were a lot of people and no fish, sane with the tahuya

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:Yeah exactly heard either today or yesterday there were a lot of people and no fish, sane with the tahuya
From what I have been told by a few old timers is that the rivers had gotten over harvested the past few years.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 pm

was thinking about trying the mouth but perhaps I won't waste the boat gas. the northern part of the canal was a bust today. no silvers caught and a chum released by the bridge.

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Over harvested by the tweaker locals that brag about keeping 20+ fish a day. Worst locals I have ever met. Hardly people.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:No fish, trust me I was just out there, same with the dewatto, there are letters at the mouth of the dewatto so I expect hardly any fish again. One thing on the pressure thing is that on opening day of the tahuya there were over 20 cars there before 8am, ridiculous I hope everyone is proud of what a great fishery is now ruined,
part of this post is true. But I wont justify what part is and isn't openly. 8-[
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:49 pm

schu7498 wrote:Over harvested by the tweaker locals that brag about keeping 20+ fish a day. Worst locals I have ever met. Hardly people.
I totally agree, worst locals out there. I fish it on the weekends. I might fish it Saturday but thatll be my last day of fishing for a while, deer opens sunday!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson