Lake Washington Bass

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SteveinBothell
Angler

Lake Washington Bass

Post by SteveinBothell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

An overlooked portion of Lake Washington is the north end. I like to avoid the traffic further south that includes state D.O.T. tugboats on steroids doing the construction and going by at warp 9, among other unpleasantries.
Have found a treasure trove from the 10500-11000 block of the Seattle side of things. Perch up to 13 inches have been bountiful and tasty and the bass have hit hard, using just a pink wedding band spinner, worm, and extra wing. Caught these beasts recently that made my day.
Only negative up there is one jerk home owner claiming that they own 50 yards of the lake off the shore. Yeah right, pal, you don't own the lake. Has a nasty pitbul and snob disposition outside his mansion. Has to be a lawyer.
Bass.jpg
Bass.jpg (71.74 KiB) Viewed 7187 times

KevinS
Petty Officer

Re: Lake Washington Bass

Post by KevinS » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Hopefully the pit bull isn't a good swimmer. As for being "obstructed" when fishing on public water, the Revised Code of Washington regulation (RCW77.15.210) can be found at: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.15.210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 pm

KevinS wrote:Hopefully the pit bull isn't a good swimmer. As for being "obstructed" when fishing on public water, the Revised Code of Washington regulation (RCW77.15.210) can be found at: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.15.210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That would be a righteous Revised Code to have copies of when bass fishing and having waterfront home owners harassing you. Or any other place you may be fishing - can we say PETA "stand down"? Good to know our rights as anglers to lawfully pursue our sport can not be interfered with.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 pm

I have only fished the north end due to the proximity of my home.. still trying to find that honey hole or secret bait down at the kenmore end..

humblepaul
Angler

Post by humblepaul » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm

=D> that's a nice bass!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:30 am

I've used that reg with one dock owner on Sawyer, yes I was nice about it. He then 'gave' me 'permission' to fish his dock. [laugh] There are 2 more that might need to read it, yes I have a copy in the boat. One guy watched me fish a small pad patch next to his dock, 2 days later that patch was gone. [blink] No I didn't catch a fish from the pads, but did catch 2 fish from his dock, his wife was all excited about that. He just sat there mumbling to her, they were up on the deck. The other guy's teenaged boy told me to "get out of the yard". I told him that I was in the water, he didn't say anything more. [laugh]
Tom.

Interests: living

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks for the info on the north end!! My boys are tired of the sound and we may go perch fishing. How deep are they schooling this time of year?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Amx wrote:I've used that reg with one dock owner on Sawyer, yes I was nice about it. He then 'gave' me 'permission' to fish his dock. [laugh] There are 2 more that might need to read it, yes I have a copy in the boat. One guy watched me fish a small pad patch next to his dock, 2 days later that patch was gone. [blink] No I didn't catch a fish from the pads, but did catch 2 fish from his dock, his wife was all excited about that. He just sat there mumbling to her, they were up on the deck. The other guy's teenaged boy told me to "get out of the yard". I told him that I was in the water, he didn't say anything more. [laugh]
I can imagine people that buy waterfront property may well get tired of bass anglers fishing their docks. I suspect this is not something a real estate agent points out to new buyers, and when they suddenly realize that every morning someone is going to be fishing around their docks at 7am it gets them freaked out. There goes their privacy...
As my wife would say "too bad, so sad". It's not your lake, just your land.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:40 pm

7am?

Try 4am and sometimes 2:30am. [biggrin]

The Black Diamond Police know my 2 rigs by sight. [thumbup] And me.
Tom.

Interests: living

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:07 am

SteveinBothell wrote:... Has to be a lawyer.
Not likely to be a lawyer. (I should know--I work with them every day)

Most lawyers have generally OK personalities, although some are a-holes, but many of these a-holes are surprisingly normal people in real-life outside of the office. Most lawyers would not claim a false legal right (e.g., assert "I own 50 yards into the water...")

I live in a Bellevue area neighborhood that is generally considered to be "affluent" and many of my neighbors are distasteful/obnoxious non-lawyers. Something about living in a nice home gets to their head or adds to their already bad disposition.

(if you remember the specific house, you can probably do some reasearch with Google satellite maps and the King County property records, to find the owners name and then google him up to see if he really is a lawyer. I'd be interested to know whether my generalizations above prove to be true or false.).

Nice fish by the way. I love the Lake WA fishing. It is good times now for perch fishing. May try to fill the bucket sometime this weekend before the water turns over.

fishee2
Petty Officer

Post by fishee2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 pm

I remembered when i was a young kid fishing for perch off the public piers in LK Wasington. It was fun to catch these fish actually taste great deep fried in batter and lather on some tartar sauce.

Because I am more of Salmon, Trout, & Steelhead type of a fisherman. Is Bass fishing just as fun as Salmon fishing? Always wanted to try it, but once Lingcod Season opens up, i pretty much fish the Saltwater all summer long; then i fish the river system mostly silvers and steelhead, and them pink when in season.

What about eating them bass? Do they tast muddy? or do they taste like yellow perch? I was told they contain high levels of PCB in these fishes.

I have "0" bass gear, i think i should pick up a cheap spinning combo and start fishing them with plastics? Or do you prefer bass lures like Rapala's and other similar types of lures? I do not have a bass boat, but i do have 16ft, V-hull type of boat i use in the salt. Is that doable fishing for Bass in Lk. Wasington? Or maybe i should fish off the public piers off the beaches.

Any ways, nice fish, i hope to see more picture of bass fishing in lake washington.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Wow, it's a Gross Misdemeanor.

Max penalty:
"punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of up to three hundred sixty-four days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than five thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine."