NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum/website, E-N. It is always good to have another fly angler around here. This is a great bunch of folks, and very willing to share knowledge compared to a lot of other websites out there. Being in Bremerton you are that much closer to the great Olympic Peninsula rivers. Less people, and very nice fish.

KIDKOKANEE
Petty Officer

Post by KIDKOKANEE » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Id like to introduce my fishing partner over the past few years!! Mad Russian !! And welcome him aboard Washington Lakes.com !! Now he knows what I know and why I know!! Haa HAA!! Not a secret anymore well I still have a few Ha!! This could be cool section if gets updated !! So MAD RUSSIAN you go then Ill Introduce myself alittle more formally!!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM MORE SOON AND MY FISH N PARTNEWR (KOKANEE KING)!!! COME ON GUYS HELP ME OUT HERE!! FISH ON!!!!

Jo
Petty Officer

Post by Jo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I'd like to reintroduce myself and introduce my 12 yr old son Jesse. I look forward to becoming active in posting. This is a great site thanks Mike for making it.
Attachments
cell phone jim 129.jpg
cell phone jim 129.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 21210 times

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Welcome All. Jo, sorry you missed the cut-off date on the guessing members contest. You'll have to watch for it next year. It's a yearly contest.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Lostgear
Angler

Post by Lostgear » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 am

Name: Jerome
Hobbies: Fishing (obviously), stupid time wasting video games and beer... can I call beer a hobby? What if it's good imported beers?
What You Do: I run a fulfillment center for a medical device company, actually i'm a glorified mail clerk
Favorite Species To Fish For
Where You Fish The Most: Mainly the Sky with occasional trips to the Green Skook or Hump
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Started catching panfish at 3 yrs old and have been going ever since
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Spending time with my dad

So, I've been a long time lurker here and learned a lot from the forums and decided maybe it's time to register and maybe say a few things once in a while. I'm originally from PA having moved here after getteing out of the Army after 7 years because I discovered salmon fishing and couldn't bear the though of going back to fishing trout forever. That and I hooked my first steelhead a few years ago and ever since I've been addicted to the thrill.

So far everything I'v elearned about salmon and steelhead has been self taught or what I've found from extensive reading, I'm so new I just learned how / why to tie an egg loop last year. The Skykomish has been my go to river mainly due to proximity and ease of access but I'm always up to learning something new.

ANyway I'll keep this short and sweet saying I hope to meet some of you all eventually and a huge thank you to everyone running this site, I've learned a ton over the last few years and hope to keep that going.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm

FNG here.

My name is Mike. 35 years old as of 8/7 and fished almost daily as a kid/teenager. Grew up in Illinois just a couple miles from the shores of Lake Michigan. As adult life hit me, I got away from fishing. Fast forward to just this past April. We bought our first home. We live in Maple Valley and our community has private access to Pipe Lake / Lake Lucerne. Got back into fishing and now I'm hooked! Pun intended...LOL

I work in sales (industrial chemicals). When I'm not fishing...wait, I'm almost always fishing. LOL...but seriously, church, family, lifting weights, xbox (call of duty zombies anyone?).

I have 2 sons (son and step-son)...both 11 years old. My step son is autistic and isn't really into fishing, but my "real" son likes to get out there with me and I'm teaching him knot tying, casting, trolling, etc. Trying to pass down the little bit of knowledge that I can!

So I really haven't ventured out from Pipe Lake yet. It's actually a pretty decent lake. There are some monster trout in there (up to 9 lbs)...biggest one I've caught is 2 lbs...I want a monster! From what I understand I need to be trolling down about 30 feet this time of year. Still experimenting to see what the fish like. There are also good size bass and perch in there...along with some bullheads (my favorite meat). Caught a 2 lb bullhead, and more just under that size.

Here are a couple pics of some of my hauls so far. Hope to make some friends here! Tight lines y'all! :fish:

bassman72
Angler

Post by bassman72 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi my name is Keith. I just turned 41 a few days ago. I live in Puyallup and am new to this site. I love fishing for anything but bass fishing is my passion. I started bass fishing as a teen but then had no time while in the military. After the military I met a lovely southern Bell from east Texas. we mover to Texas where I was spoiled in bass heaven. I was without a boat for many years. A few weeks ago I traded in my hot rod for a truck and a boat and have hardly had my feet on dry land since. This site has been a great help in finding lakes to fish in my area. Headed to Tapps this Sun. Hope to see everyone on the water.

I'm computer illiterate and cant figure out how to post a photo sorry.

DanLangel
Angler

Post by DanLangel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi My name is Daniel L.

Im 31 years old I live in the Sumner/Bonney Lake area. I like to fish for large and small mouth bass, Crappie, catfish pretty much anything in fresh water. My father in law got me into fishing the rivers during the humpie season. I don't have a boat so I have to do all my fishing from the shore or wading in.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am

bassman72 wrote:Hi my name is Keith. I just turned 41 a few days ago. I live in Puyallup and am new to this site. I love fishing for anything but bass fishing is my passion. I started bass fishing as a teen but then had no time while in the military. After the military I met a lovely southern Bell from east Texas. we mover to Texas where I was spoiled in bass heaven. I was without a boat for many years. A few weeks ago I traded in my hot rod for a truck and a boat and have hardly had my feet on dry land since. This site has been a great help in finding lakes to fish in my area. Headed to Tapps this Sun. Hope to see everyone on the water.

I'm computer illiterate and cant figure out how to post a photo sorry.

Keith,
Welcome to the site. If you want to post a pic. then after you have posted the message, such as this one here in the New Members section, go back to the message that you just posted. Look in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Click on "Edit" it will open your message back up.
Look in the lower left corner of the screen. You will see a tab called, "Upload attachment" under that tab are some options. Click on Upload attachment. You will see: "Filename: and a BROWSE tab. Click on the browse tab. This allows you to pull the pic. from wherever you have it stored in your computer. You "browse" through your computer and find the pic... click it, then click on "Add the file. Pics. must be 250 Kb or less in size.
It is very easy once you start with going back into "Edit" and finding the 'Browse" tab.
If you need to resize the pic, that is easy as well, but just ask and someone will walk you through it. [thumbup]

ChelleDean08
Petty Officer

Post by ChelleDean08 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 am

Lady in the way... but certainly not intentionally!! Hi all, my name is Chelle and this is my first season fishing Salmon, needless to say, I am 'hooked' for sure! I have been fishing most frequently the Puyallup back behind Fredy's as well as once or twice under the 5th street bridge... Though I have tried very hard to pay attention and learn as much as possible from the gentlemen out there, I must say that reading what y'all have posted here and on one other site I frequent (http://puyallupriverforum.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) I have learned so so so much and am very thankful for all of the wonderful information and tips/suggestions! I have hooked into a few fish in the past few weeks, one behind Fredy's just about drug me in but he slipped my hook after about 10 minutes and I was so frustrated but it was a blast! The few men I have had the pleasure of fishing next to have been very friendly and helpful, which I appreciate greatly (I have tried to make sure that I tell people I am very new and if I mess up, feel free to let me know what I have done/am doing and how to fix it so I am not a repeat offender) sadly though, the last trip I made out there I was very bluntly told "F'ing women don't belong in the G.D. river!!... I hadn't done anything, nor had I been next to the man (3 people up from me) but apparently it is a gender oriented sport?! It's okay, really irritates people when all you do is smile and laugh ;) I'll forewarn y'all, I am very inquisitive and chatty, I ask a lot of questions and try my hardest to stay out of the way while I am observing so if you end up next to me at some point, I have a pretty thick skin and won't be hurt if you feel free to throw out a 'shut up Chelle' and I'll be happy to oblige (as long as you aren't mean about it) Just don't be surprised if I ask for help IF I do end up hooking into a fish and bring it in, I am allergic to fish (haha yea, laugh it up guys!) and their oils in their blood makes me break out in hives from head to toe so I'm having to get creative in pulling the hooks! Most of the time I have my husband or neighbor with me, they won't let me fish the river alone, so I should have that help covered but it is what it is and no one can say I haven't warned them ahead of time! I look forward to meeting some of you and getting a bit more confident in the swing of things, as I have already felt the drive and the longing to be casting my pole from the time I wake to the time I fall asleep.. I'm loving this stuff!! Be safe, have fun, and good luck gentlemen! ~Chelle
~*~ Fail to plan, Plan to fail ~*~ Fishing is an addiction... yet a healthy Zen for the heart, mind, and soul ~*~

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:18 am

Welcome to the site and sport! Don't let the bungholes bring you down either...next time something like that happens, I hope U release a nice keeper, at this guy's heels. Then let him know you are available if he needs any fishing pointers. [thumbup]

ChelleDean08
Petty Officer

Post by ChelleDean08 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 am

LOL great idea, thanks for the welcome!
~*~ Fail to plan, Plan to fail ~*~ Fishing is an addiction... yet a healthy Zen for the heart, mind, and soul ~*~

dlquinton
Angler

Post by dlquinton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:16 pm

I just joined last evening, and like a bonehead, I suggested an intro. thread to the moderators, and here it was all the time! #-o The laughs are on me...

Here goes...I just moved back to the Puget Sound area from Michigan...been gone about 25 years. Back there I was doing a lot of pike fishing. I was an avid pounder of the Skykomish and Skagit river systems since I was about 13 back in the 70's and 80's, and I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time out there again. I mainly like to target steelhead, but when the timing's right, I won't turn down a good day of salmon fishing either. My dad's name was Dane Quinton. He was a well known guide on the Sky' river system during the 60's and 70's before he passed away. I doubt if any of you out there will remember him, I just thought he deserved mention. Since the rivers change so dramatically on a yearly basis, I may be needing to pick a few of your brains to get back into the swing.

See you on the bank! [thumbup]

Hepker
Petty Officer

Post by Hepker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:09 pm

so i respond to a ski buddy on FB looking for someone to go fishing. now it has turned into a rekindled passion for fishing. i grew up fishing summer steelhead on the Rogue in OR and bass or bluegill around Coos Bay. that was 25 years ago. so now i have seen the pink frenzy in seattle but wish i had bought my freshwater license sooner and hit the rivers earlier in sept. i've had fun poking around the snoho, sky and wallace and feel prepared for next year. so far i've caught/kept about a dozen fish, mostly pinks with a couple nice coho tossed in.

i live in seattle. dont own a boat. open to fishing for other types of fish. own waders. dont mind hitting the waters with others so let me know if you want to go toss your line in the water!
Carl

iwilfish
Petty Officer

Post by iwilfish » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi, My name is scott. I'm just recently 50, though I don't feel a day over 49 and 11/12ths. I'm one of 6 kids, youngest of 4 boys who all had to wait till it was our turn to be old enough to go fishing with dad; the anticapation hooked me on it. I did mostly trout fishing in rivers and streams, and ice fishing lakes for pike and lake whitefish, as a kid. Moved to Washington close to 20 years ago having never fished in the saltwater.(I grew up in Alberta, Canada). Spent the first few years learning a little about rockfish and greeling, salmon and steelhead(very little about steelhead- only caught 2). got preoccupied and didn't fish much for several years. Now I'm back fishing, mostly lakes for kokanee.

I saw in an outdoor magazine,when I was a teenager, someone who had carved realistic fish out of wood, as soon as I had means to do it (it took about 15 years) I began carving fish and even entered some competitions. That's actually one of the things that kept me away from fishing more, ironic isn't it.

I have gotten fairly proficient at finding kokanee in lake Sutherland on the Olympic Peninsula. (I live in Port Angeles). (now that I've said that I won't catch any kokanee the next 10 times out). I have learned a great deal from this website and angler's post's. I don't know if anyone is interested but I would like to offer to exchange fishing trips with anyone who knows how to target and catch perch, crappie, walleye ( I love to eat those), and maybe smallmouth. I could show them around lake Sutherland and they could show me a little about perch panfish etc. where they are (only 2 or 3 perch lakes close to me).

now if I can only figure out how to navigate a forum site. (this is my 2nd go round, lost the first one.)
WALKS SOFTLY, AND CARRY A BIG FISH.

bma
Angler

Post by bma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 am

Name: Bernard
Hobbies: That is a good question.....
What You Do: School Teacher in Southern Calif., but relocating to Washington
Favorite Species To Fish For: LMB and Fly Fishing for Trout (CPR almost always for all species). I am really looking forward to catching some big SMB that I see on YouTube.
Where You Fish The Most: I hear good things about Potholes, Banks, Moses, Columbia and Snake???
How Long You Have Been Fishing: Early Childhood
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My father.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Spend time with family.

My wife has accepted a job in the area of SE Washington so we are relocating at the end of January. I am really looking forward to meeting some new fishing buddies/friends in general and maybe do some team bass tournaments. I am looking for some people that know the fishing areas fairly well and live in Walla Walla. We can use my bass boat or yours. I can get along with pretty much anyone and am outgoing.

I am a non smoker, non drinker and no drugs.
Feel free to IM and say hello. Hopefully we will be able to fish together next year.

Will be checking this site more often as I get closer to moving.

THANKS!!!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 pm

welcome new members!

soundkite
Petty Officer

Post by soundkite » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi Everyone!
I've been a member here since I learned to bank fish this summer, spoiled by the great pink run we had. I'm looking forward to adventuring into the rivers of steelies next. This site has been a priceless resource for me with so many contributing members to educate and entertain! This year, my claim to fame was a video of perseverence I produced here on Puget Sound. I hope you find these fisherpups as entertaining as I do. Hopefully I can find a way to top it next year!... Ethan

ptfletcher
Petty Officer

Post by ptfletcher » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Name - Terry Fletcher
Age - 66
Location - Tukwila
Hobbies - Fishing, of course; gardening, pickling, dancing, and making new friends, especially fishing buddies.
What You Do - Retired now. Ex military, technical writer, restauranteur, systems analyst.
Favorite Species To Fish For - Salmon, but hey, if it swims.....
Where You Fish The Most - Just got back into fishing after being away too long, so I'm looking for good spots to go. I've been reading posts about the Duwamish/Green system, Lake Washington, and Puget Sound. I just bought a 9' Livingston with an 8 hp motor. It has seats and pole holders. I'm thinking of installing wheels for hand carry launching and a trailer eventually. So far I need a buddy to get it in and out of my pickup.
How Long You Have Been Fishing - 60 years, on and off. Not enough on and too much off.
How You Got Introduced To Fishing - My Dad started me early, with fishing in north central Oregon. Trout fishing in local lakes and rivers. My Dad loved sturgeon, and took me on a few trips down to the John Day area, back before the dam went up. First sturgeon I ever saw was 14', as long as our boat!
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing - Enjoying retirement, working around the house, gardening, making cordials,
Your Favorite Picture - This picture is from my first tuna charter. 11 fishermen caught over 270 tuna that day. Never seen anything like it before or since.
Attachments
DSC00933.JPG
Tuna fishing out of Westport
DSC00933.JPG (132.36 KiB) Viewed 10056 times

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 pm

OK, baby seals are definitely cute. :fish:

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”