Bassfishing in Federal Way area

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
trucupey20
Angler

Bassfishing in Federal Way area

Post by trucupey20 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 am

Hello everybody I just new in this area and I would like to know if is any bass fishing in lakes around Federal Way or vecinitys. Largemouth or Smallmouth I fish any, what baits work good etc any information is very appreciated, Thanks again.

bob johansen
Commander

Re: Bassfishing in Federal Way area

Post by bob johansen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 am

Many good bass lakes in that area - Here are some of my favorites. North Lake, Star Lake, Steel Lake, Fivemile Lake, Trout Lake, Fenwick Lake, Dolloff Lake, Killarney Lake and Geneva Lake. Check out the lake index on these lakes.

trucupey20
Angler

Post by trucupey20 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks Bob, look like I have a few places to go, good to know since i will be exploring this places first time, Thanks again.

doubleo6point9
Petty Officer

Post by doubleo6point9 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:27 am

Just beware that shore access can be pretty limited in a lot of those lakes so if you have something that floats that will help. On another note though, even with the limited shore access I had a pretty decent sized LMB ambush a stocker trout I was reeling in at Star Lake so it's still possible from public access there.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

Keep an eye out at some of these lakes. Had my first run in with a car prowler at Dolloff Lake this year. He punched my door lock, once that didn't work he pryed on my door to break the window. He stole an old fishfinder that was pretty hidden, but really they'll break in just to look around since they know we're out fishing and no ones watching. (with my alarm going off) I trolled back to the launch just in time to see him rummaging inside my truck, when he saw me he took off in his car. [thumbdn]