No luck on pinks

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

No luck on pinks

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:48 pm

This is my first salmon season over here in western WA and I've been fishing the Snohomish almost every other day and have had no luck catching anything. I've been fishing for steelhead on the Methow river and had no problems catching those so river fishing is not new to me. So far I've been fishing from hwy 9 bridge, up to Monroe and even out into the salts from the bank but still nothing. Tossing buzz bombs, spoons and jigs have brought me no luck so any other tips are welcome. I see tons of fish being caught on the river and all my co-workers get their limits every weekend, and i've read everything i could find on the internet and on here but nothing! Help! ](*,)

primetime
Commander

Re: No luck on pinks

Post by primetime » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 pm

I use light pink jigs with shrimp oil. You will start hitting them.

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Drift fish pink corkies and sand shrimp. And you'll hook up if youre down low, check the tides they come in with the tide, and when it starts to roll out they get real pissy and will bite most anything.

NFCustom
Warrant Officer

Post by NFCustom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Sand shrimp, Coon shrimp or prawns tipped on a pink jig will annihilate them. Leave the buzz bombs for the salt.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Find a travel lane and plunk a pink spin and glo and sandshrimp. Can't miss. The only technique you need is to make sure you check your bait often enough so that the bait steeling bullheads haven't made off with it. On the outgoing tide. Try the upper river around the reformatory/Tualco Loop Road, they are bitey up there too.

Jeremy_Lerv
Petty Officer

Post by Jeremy_Lerv » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks for the advice. I've got some sandshrimp in the fridge and I'll give the float method a shot probably tomorrow after work
:salut:

Saintm1466
Angler

Post by Saintm1466 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Got out for the first time yesterday on the lower snoho and only got 1..I was using a pink/sparkly dicknite, I had issues with my anchor not holding my boat in place so I had a hard time staying in a fishing lane with my trolling motor, gonna try again sat this time with a heavier anchor :) and will be using my shrimp scent on my lures this time. May give sandshrimp and spin and glow a shot too!

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

go to the puke. fish every cast right now, its ridiculous.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 pm

its all about finding the numbers, if you find the numbers you find fish to bonk.. my arms are sore after today on the Duwi! found a bunch of numbers.. :-"

if fish are not showing themselves, you have not found the numbers.. its a numbers game.. yeah, hundred dollars..

NimmunDay
Petty Officer

Post by NimmunDay » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been limiting out for days now on pink 2in Buzz Bombs. Don't diss the Bomb! [cursing]
Thank you! Come again! Image