Skok

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Brat Bonker
Admiral

Re: Skok

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 am

Oops I meant state record, but world might be possible

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:04 am

Brat Bonker wrote:
natetreat wrote:If I told you, then it wouldn't be a secret, now would it? Hahaha!
how about I just ask king killer about the secret spot, hahaha jokes on you now [flapper]
yeah slayed em saturday at the minter creek slot done

Minter creek slot? PM if u dont want to drop specifics, would that be at the mouth? minter creek spot lol, nice name!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah my friends dad came up with it cause we were hooking up like crazy. Sorry but I would rather not tell about this spot because there were 50+ people on this gravel bar when there is normally only like 20 people. I will say it is not the mouth but it is upstream of it [biggrin]

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 pm

natetreat wrote:Maybe state record, the world record is pretty darn big. There are big fish out there every year, the hatcheries get to see them.

We'll get some big ones fishbait. Where are you finding all these designated harvesters? I've got to make friends with some of those folks so I can keep fishing! That's a good gig. I'msure you'll be there next time I'm down there, we should meet up.
Yeah dude definetly! And all the harvesters, im friends with most of them. One of them doesn't have a leg, and some have back problems. Im just good friends with them, usually im fishing for them more than myself lol. I got a hawg of a chrome hen today. Jeeze. It was the only fish in the hole. My small fish in my limit today was 17 pounds. 3 days, 3 limits. Ive been working hard for them though. Then I limited for a harvester as well. Been tough fishing though
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

king killer
Warrant Officer

Post by king killer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah fish have been really big in the hood canal system as of late. I've went once this year and landed a 19 and 25 lb kings. Both being hens.

ResQ
Commander

Post by ResQ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:02 pm

How do they go about getting a harvestor license?

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:59 pm

^ thats what I would like to know.

countryboy87
Lieutenant

Post by countryboy87 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:10 pm

it comes with a disability fishing license.

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:Yeah my friends dad came up with it cause we were hooking up like crazy. Sorry but I would rather not tell about this spot because there were 50+ people on this gravel bar when there is normally only like 20 people. I will say it is not the mouth but it is upstream of it [biggrin]
ah ok secrets out then! could be anywhere.

think ill check out whats above the cedar hole. there was a fight there sunday. crazy eh

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 am

ResQ wrote:How do they go about getting a harvestor license?
They have to apply for it through WDFW, there doctor needs to fill out a paper and then wait for WDFW to send them a letter explaining rules of the harvester card. Then they take it to a licensing vendor! It's just a disability license.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:37 pm

woady wrote:
Brat Bonker wrote:Yeah my friends dad came up with it cause we were hooking up like crazy. Sorry but I would rather not tell about this spot because there were 50+ people on this gravel bar when there is normally only like 20 people. I will say it is not the mouth but it is upstream of it [biggrin]
ah ok secrets out then! could be anywhere.

think ill check out whats above the cedar hole. there was a fight there sunday. crazy eh
Haha wouldn't doubt a fight there was almost one Saturday. It's above the cedar if that helps haha

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Been very tough fishing lately.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:Been very tough fishing lately.
what are you talking about today was hot, me and king killer slayed them just downstream of purdy ck, it was unreal fishing, wierd thing was that we were the only people there, huh more fish for us I guess.

king killer
Warrant Officer

Post by king killer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:
what are you talking about today was hot, me and king killer slayed them just downstream of purdy ck, it was unreal fishing, wierd thing was that we were the only people there, huh more fish for us I guess.
Yeah the fish were stacked where we were fishing !

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:
You won't be the only people there anymore, that's for sure :-"

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:
Umm, I just re-read what you said, and the reason you were the only one there is because that section of river is closed to fishing except for on the weekends. Read your regulations Brat, you should know better. [-X

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Yep i did a double take when he said that. Thought i read it wrong.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Haha and Brat is always giving other people a super hard time for not following rules. Lol [flapper]
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 am

huh that explains why we were the only people then [biggrin] no actually we were killing them a little downstream of the cedar hole in a super duper secret hole. black yarn is always a good set up but they were biting eggs and beads just as good too.

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 am

Brat Bonker wrote:huh that explains why we were the only people then [biggrin] no actually we were killing them a little downstream of the cedar hole in a super duper secret hole. black yarn is always a good set up but they were biting eggs and beads just as good too.
nice save bro, though downstream from the cedar hole is quite a distance from just downstream of purdy creek. unless i got down stream wrong, downstream would mean towards the mouth? all good its the skok

super secret hole below cedar.... hmm... i'll be there tomorrow, nowhere near purdy creek. gonna check out just below 106 i think. low tide is at noon, going to try waking up extra early.

the skokomish river is fun! if you dont like people there are stretches to fish without people fighting. plus the water is clean.