Hippy lost in forest

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Hippy lost in forest

Post by natetreat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:07 am

Marc Martyn wrote:You pretty much nailed it Bodo :) And let's not forget the burning of the "draft cards". Something totally foreign to the young males of today. A very difficult time for our nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... ScisGFllPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love the first two songs, but White Rabbit the girl is so deadpan, it's not so easy listening. Every generation has their rebels. They had hippies and anti-war protests and we have "Occupy Skagit"

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:31 pm

I love being in the woods but not naked, nobody needs to see that except my wife (lucky her) and i'd think insect bites below the belt would be especially unpleasent. In this day and age, really for any day and age, not a good idea for women to go walking around naked anywhere (except a nudist colony). I hope this terrible idea doesn't cost her her life but unfortunately the odds are against her now. We've all made poor choices at one time or another, i know i have, so best of luck to her in surviving this and making better choices in the future.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I know right? Why go into the forest when you can be naked safely in the warmth of your own home. I commune with nature on a daily basis, the only difference between her and I is that I know that nature is a mean, dangerous mother. She won't give you a spanking and send you to your room, she's going to send a badger after your naked self, and put slivers in your special places.

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:35 pm

jd39 wrote:I love being in the woods but not naked, nobody needs to see that except my wife (lucky her) and i'd think insect bites below the belt would be especially unpleasent. In this day and age, really for any day and age, not a good idea for women to go walking around naked anywhere (except a nudist colony). I hope this terrible idea doesn't cost her her life but unfortunately the odds are against her now. We've all made poor choices at one time or another, i know i have, so best of luck to her in surviving this and making better choices in the future.
I've had the unfortunate experience of having my naughty bits bitten by mosquitos. I was drunkenly pissing in the Philippines, where the skeeters are as thick as fog, and youch... Not a great few days after that... Nothing like having a constant burning itch right on your bell end.

That said, I heard today they found bare foot prints by a stream, but haven't found a trace of her otherwise. My guess is, if she's really having some spirit quest, she'll come home when she's done, or shell never be seen again. Ala "into the wild". I wish her luck, but I won't hold my breath.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

I guess this is more popular than I thought. and these folks really epitomize hippiedom ......

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kieth stone
Petty Officer

Post by kieth stone » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:56 pm

yeah that nature stuff is unforgiving and dangerous. whatever, give me a break. though i would not trek around naked in them we have about the gentlest forest on the planet. those that say otherwise are ignorant, dumb, or need an ego boost cause they survive against all odds in the man eating jungles of the northwest. ](*,)

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 am

Bodofish wrote:I guess this is more popular than I thought. and these folks really epitomize hippiedom ......

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid
That's the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. But at least the actors have EMS standing right behind the camera. All of this survivalist tv is silly.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:57 am

Yeah, no kidding. It's one thing to go out test your metal and survival skills with at least a minimal set of cloths on your back. I don't get the whole naked in the woods thing. Man hasn't been naked in the woods for what a million years? I don't even grow enough fur to stay warm out there. We evolved in to cloths instead of a pelt. We grew a brain so we didn't have to do that! No thanks, I'll take my knife and my gun and a nice pair of boots. I enjoy being the apex preditor, not the prey.....
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 am

so regardless of stereotyping, drug use or not, etc this thread reminded me of the first 22 seconds of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsK0pwKvwFA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 am

I still have my Selective Service card in my wallet. Been there 30 years. It said to keep on your person always.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Ralph, that ship sailed years ago..... You were on it with me....

kieth stone
Petty Officer

Post by kieth stone » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:52 pm

if you didn't have a wallet you can keep that card in the, er, um you know, special card slot. I mean provided you didn't have any clothes or pocket for your wallet.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm

A woman might forget which slot it's in. :scratch: [scared]
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Actually Tom that gave me an idea. they should have a state issued tatoo with your drivers licence on it in case they find you. Plus the state can make a few extra bucks. Maybe get your fishing license done too.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:42 pm

racfish wrote:Actually Tom that gave me an idea. they should have a state issued tatoo with your drivers licence on it in case they find you. Plus the state can make a few extra bucks. Maybe get your fishing license done too.
I always thought your fishing and hunting licenses should just be on a plastic card that the gamie can scan when he's checking you. every year your card gets recharged rather than this dumb wasetfull 16feet of licenses that get reprinted 6 times a year garbage.

/rant.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

racfish wrote:Actually Tom that gave me an idea. they should have a state issued tatoo with your drivers licence on it in case they find you. Plus the state can make a few extra bucks. Maybe get your fishing license done too.
Tat on your bum, that way you can flash the agent when they want to 'card you'. ImageImage
Attachments
old man butt wiggle.gif
old man butt wiggle.gif (9.85 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
Tom.

Interests: living

kieth stone
Petty Officer

Post by kieth stone » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:57 pm

i like the tramp stamp of the license and other pertinent documents. perhaps a bar code that would reference your person.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm

But think of the precedent you'd be setting! Pretty soon every ones going to want in on it, you'll have to have one for Safeway, Albertson's, Fredmeyer, DOL, Social Security, all your qualifications. You college degree would be a big husky on your back, or I guess a cougar tramp stamp.

I say we link everything to a single RFID that way we can just implant it subcutaneously and scan it like we would a lost dog. It would also function as a HUD for cellular phones, you can browse walakes google glass style holographic.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

Bodofish wrote:I'm afraid I don't agree with the Hippies being full dangerous chemicals. You would be fine saying druggies but hippies are a class unto themselves. Yes many of them were in days of yore but now its more of a philosophy, you know peace, love and understanding and live simply so that others may live and don't forget, the earth is your mother. Most of the real hippies I know don't make or have enough money to buy street drugs nor are they inclined to. I'm going to going to tell you, most all of them live a much cleaner and simpler life than most of the people on this forum.

Don't go bashing Hippies if you don't know what they're about.

PS I know a few that are worth millions, yet you'd never know it to see them peddling their bikes to work every day.

So stop stereo typing.
I can say that you have said what I would have said word for word!!!