Sky opening day pics

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Re: Sky opening day pics

Post by Mordalphus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Where? Alaska? Haha

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Im hittin the sky on Saturday now. I had a quick question,
So if im using a 1/8 oz jig, and a 1/4 oz weight I need a 3/8oz bobber. But if im gonna add half of a shrimp on it, should I go ahead and buy a 5/8 oz bobbers? Also, when im not using shrimp how can a 5/8 oz bobber affect my 3/8 oz set up? Or will it not. Any advice appreciated.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Im no pro but i dont think you wil need to add anything just as long as it floats upright and not downriver of upriver. Just my 2cents

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:19 am

if you are using beau mac floats then a 1/4oz float will be fine, there 1/8oz floats can hold like 1/2oz of gear.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Sweet, thanks.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 pm

For bobber fishing, I know my leader needs to be light, 8-10 pound test. But does main line necessarily need to be light to? Im taking a rod for drifting, and bobber fishing. For bobber fishing does my main line need to be 12 pound test or can I just leave my 15 on

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:For bobber fishing, I know my leader needs to be light, 8-10 pound test. But does main line necessarily need to be light to? Im taking a rod for drifting, and bobber fishing. For bobber fishing does my main line need to be 12 pound test or can I just leave my 15 on
No offense buddy, but the title of this thread is "sky opening day pics" not "sky fishing 101"

If you want some info on how to fish the sky, then just start a new thread. People will be more than happy to help and offer info, just start your own thread rather than hijacking a pic thread.

I understand you're just after info, and I commend you for asking, just do it in your own thread.

Now, when you get out there this weekend and get a fish and a pic, post it here. Good luck out their buddy.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Better yet, just search through years past. Everything that will be said has been said 20 times over.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:42 pm

bugmasta wrote:
FishBaitThe2nd wrote:For bobber fishing, I know my leader needs to be light, 8-10 pound test. But does main line necessarily need to be light to? Im taking a rod for drifting, and bobber fishing. For bobber fishing does my main line need to be 12 pound test or can I just leave my 15 on
No offense buddy, but the title of this thread is "sky opening day pics" not "sky fishing 101"

If you want some info on how to fish the sky, then just start a new thread. People will be more than happy to help and offer info, just start your own thread rather than hijacking a pic thread.

I understand you're just after info, and I commend you for asking, just do it in your own thread.

Now, when you get out there this weekend and get a fish and a pic, post it here. Good luck out their buddy.

Woops, my bad. [biggrin] Thanks for saying it politely unlike a lot of people would, appreciate that. [thumbup]

RiverRock
Petty Officer

Post by RiverRock » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:41 pm

bugmasta wrote:

That's pretty lame in my book! This young gentlemen is just lookin to catch his first Steelhead. He wasn't hijacking anything! It's very simple, the kid just want's to catch his first Steelhead and is excited and lookin for info... Also remember "opening day" is long gone!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 am

I understand Bugmasta's frustration It's a common thing with some members of the forum, this isn't texting on your phone or twittering and it's certainly not a chat room. That's why there's a subject title at the beginning of the thread. In my opinion staying near the topic is appreciated by most of the folks here. It's totally trashed a number of the pic threads in the past.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:29 am

you guys hear that they closed Sunset bowl? argh!! that was a great place in town to go bowling.. anyone know where another good bowling alley is? :pirat:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

[razz]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 am

Speaking of sunsets, did you see the one last night? OMG, so beautiful! LOL, YOLO!
;)

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 am

I like turtles

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:42 am

Mordalphus wrote:Speaking of sunsets, did you see the one last night? OMG, so beautiful! LOL, YOLO!
;)

el oh el! seriously!! i went down to golden gardens and did timelapse last night of the sunset and sail boats. and fished.. i caught no fish but i got some cool timelapse and a buzz.. i'll share in a bit

gonnahookit
Lieutenant

Post by gonnahookit » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 pm

oneshot wrote:i caught no fish but i got some cool timelapse and a buzz.. i'll share in a bit
Share what, the timelapse, or the buzz?
It's been my experience that the timelapse usually comes with/after the onset of the buzz.... :-"

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:55 am

Hey did anyone see that 25lber at reiter today. Whoo doggie. Then I woke up.. Haha
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:25 pm

well, I saw one fish hooked today, saw one come out of a different hole, and heard of one other being caught.
I had a bobber down at the eddy but no hook up. Went to the Wallace too and nothing was happening there either.
Not as hot as ive been hearing its been!
Going to a different river in 2 weeks, where the summer runs have apparently been swimming in schools like makeral do. Hopefully I can tag one or two there. Im not aloud to say where though sorry guys, my buddy would have to kill me. [biggrin]

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:well, I saw one fish hooked today, saw one come out of a different hole, and heard of one other being caught.
I had a bobber down at the eddy but no hook up. Went to the Wallace too and nothing was happening there either.
Not as hot as ive been hearing its been!
Going to a different river in 2 weeks, where the summer runs have apparently been swimming in schools like makeral do. Hopefully I can tag one or two there. Im not aloud to say where though sorry guys, my buddy would have to kill me. [biggrin]
thanks for the report and I think I have an idea of where you are talking about, going there next weekend.