Haller Lake Trout

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
oneshot
Commodore

Haller Lake Trout

Post by oneshot » Fri May 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Some would say I have too much free time.. I just say i'm good at maximizing the time I have [thumbsup] oh, and also, I have A.D.D.

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Re: Haller Lake Trout

Post by c_saeteurn » Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 pm

looks like a nice little lake to take a float out on

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri May 31, 2013 6:42 pm

We gotta get you a job. I was just 3 blocks away from you, killin' cancer today. Wished I could have walked over. #-o
There are a lot of perch in that lake. I didn't have audio on the computer, so don't know exactly what you caught, assumedly planter trout.
It's a nice little access point for a hand launch or float tube. It's unfortunately really a pig sty lately. I wish the city would provide a garbage can and maintain it, but the neighbors seem to put plastic bags out, and it is always over flowing and kind of saddens me.
stepping off soap box...

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 pm

we went there today for 20 minutes, if that.. my son and I.. he had 4 casts and 3 fish.. couldn't set the pole down even.. :) i do all the testing at these lakes so i can bring my kid back and have him be entertained catching.. he has A.D.D. like me.. [woot]

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 am

Nice vid...looks like a nice place to stop in when I'm down in the area. Keep up the good work!
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:44 am

I've taken some nice bows and cuts out of there, in the 20" range from the tube. The people that live around the lake can be a little nasty, for some reason they think they own the water. I had one guy throwing rocks at me after he called the cops to tow my "abandoned vehicle". After a long discussion with the investigating officer, he went to talk to the offended, rock throwing home owner. Parking can be tight but it is legal.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 am

Bodofish wrote:I've taken some nice bows and cuts out of there, in the 20" range from the tube. The people that live around the lake can be a little nasty, for some reason they think they own the water. I had one guy throwing rocks at me after he called the cops to tow my "abandoned vehicle". After a long discussion with the investigating officer, he went to talk to the offended, rock throwing home owner. Parking can be tight but it is legal.
some people got nerve! I have a bb-gun on my boat sometimes.. :) haha.. not saying anything but that.. its just there.. no good reason

I parked right in front of the gaurdrail and sign that says "No Parking"... hookers roam and crackheads lurk in this part of town.. i could see my ride the whole time.. Cops got better things to do than hassle me for parking where no one else is..

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:38 pm

No trouble from the cops, it was all the homeowners. The cops were on my side. Bad homeowners.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

chwong
Petty Officer

Post by chwong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm

That's a great video and I must say even a better rod and reel setup that you have for your son! Seriously, what's the model/brand of that rod and reel. My daughter is ready for casting her own line and the one you are using is just her size! Plus I notice it actually casts. You were like heaving that thing way out there!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:40 pm

chwong wrote:That's a great video and I must say even a better rod and reel setup that you have for your son! Seriously, what's the model/brand of that rod and reel. My daughter is ready for casting her own line and the one you are using is just her size! Plus I notice it actually casts. You were like heaving that thing way out there!
keep'em clean! they fling well.. he gets a new one each yr, last yr he went through a couple reels.. but yeah, right now he has this one.. zebco combo rod and reel..dirt cheap, trout slayers.. You don't need anything special for trout IMO, something light action and fun.. keep them clean!! if you want them to cast well..

thanks for watching