Lingcod in South Sound

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Trouttrakr
Petty Officer

Lingcod in South Sound

Post by Trouttrakr » Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am

We live in Renton and want to go lingcod fishing this weekend. I see plenty of stuff on lings from Edmonds north and west but nothing for the south sound. Not to mention nothing at all about halibut down here. Anyone have any suggestions? Articles? Posts? Since its pretty much a one species fishery right now it would be nice to not waist our time. Thanks for all replies. [thumbsup]

Dustin07
Commodore

Re: Lingcod in South Sound

Post by Dustin07 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 am

Did you go? I saw people pull lings out from under the Narrows but didn't have any luck myself.

Trouttrakr
Petty Officer

Post by Trouttrakr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:06 pm

No, we actually ended up launching at Salisbury to the north side of Hood Canal Bridge and fishing around Point No Point and Port Ludlow. Got skunked for lings. But, caught a bunch of flounder and the tide was real low so we scooped up a bunch of butter clams for chowder. Still was a nice day. We didn't hear anything back about the narrows so we didn't go. We have a rental condo on Discovery Bay for a week next Thursday so that should be fun. Never fished it but it looks like a good area for lings. Ever been there?

SoDakboy
Petty Officer

Post by SoDakboy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:46 pm

since there's only two weeks left of the season this might be a little late. But supposedly there are some lings south of blake island. There's a whole giant post about 'em on here.