june 1st

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Brat Bonker
Admiral

Re: june 1st

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu May 09, 2013 8:14 am

I am excited to put in the sled for pinks and silvers this year on the skagit. too bad all we do is park the boat at the eddies haha

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Thu May 09, 2013 11:19 am

So....Would it be worth going to the cascade opening day for kings? I'm debating whether to go there or forks on the 1st....Though I've never really targeted kings, and have no idea what the cascade is like.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Thu May 09, 2013 7:11 pm

BlakeP wrote:So....Would it be worth going to the cascade opening day for kings? I'm debating whether to go there or forks on the 1st....Though I've never really targeted kings, and have no idea what the cascade is like.
from sequim that would be like a 4-5 hour drive, and with the little amount access, there are guys shoulder to shoulder especially on opening day unless the water continues to be high like it is right now then getting to the good spots become challenging. I heard summer runs in forks are good on june 1st like bogy and calawah

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Brat Bonker wrote: from sequim that would be like a 4-5 hour drive, and with the little amount access, there are guys shoulder to shoulder especially on opening day unless the water continues to be high like it is right now then getting to the good spots become challenging. I heard summer runs in forks are good on june 1st like bogy and calawah
Yeah, I know its a pretty far drive. If we do go, we would camp the night before and get out there early. I don't know though, I might just go to forks as planned. It would be nice to get into some kings though...

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Mon May 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Sky is looking really good, depending on the river I will be floating from sultan to Lewis street, or bank fishing up high for steelhead. Just 5 more days, spooled up with fresh line, got my eggs all cured up, started tying up some new jigs today. Freakin jacked! Saturday can't come fast enough no more rainbows, unless they are of the sea run variety. See yall out there.

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Tue May 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Cascade on Saturday. Eggs are curing now, still need line.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Tue May 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:also I heard they put no trespassing signs at the little eddy all through that stretch for some reason

I would like to hear more about this. What about the big eddy area??

That is going to suck. Any idea who owns that area anyways.

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Tue May 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Dang, cant make it out this weekend, mom took my rods away cause of poor grades:( Leave me some fish guys!!

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Tue May 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry chandler. All fish will be gone.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

EAmon ___hoffman123
Lieutenant

Post by EAmon ___hoffman123 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Got all the leaders tied up cured some eggs and shrimp, got some new line, Steelhead beware whats to come to you on sat, even you too springers! #-o
There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.
Anthony Trollope

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm

CRW wrote:

I would like to hear more about this. What about the big eddy area??

That is going to suck. Any idea who owns that area anyways.
I have no idea who owns that thats just what my dad told me. They probably closed it from all the trash there but that was a great hole

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 pm

FishingThePacNW wrote:Dang, cant make it out this weekend, mom took my rods away cause of poor grades:( Leave me some fish guys!!
School is more important than fishing. Keep at it and study hard and good things come. If you can turn your grades around and get straight A's, I'll take you on a free trip.

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Wed May 29, 2013 9:04 am

Your a good guy Nate!
Chandler get those grades up!

ripsomelip
Petty Officer

Post by ripsomelip » Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 am

makes me wanna be back in school again.
hit it or quit it.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Wed May 29, 2013 4:16 pm

ripsomelip wrote:makes me wanna be back in school again.
good one high school is soooooo boring, and straight A's is pretty hard to get, I am lucky to get A's and B's, hopefully my modoesn't find out about that D in calculus... 8-[

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Wed May 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Well i dont think i can do that this year, school ends in 3 weeks, ill try my best and do as much as i can! Thanks nate!

Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Post by Dan Boone » Wed May 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:
ripsomelip wrote:makes me wanna be back in school again.
good one high school is soooooo boring, and straight A's is pretty hard to get, I am lucky to get A's and B's, hopefully my modoesn't find out about that D in calculus... 8-[
Same here. Luckily I was able to get my 1 F up before my mom checked my grades. Whew!