New fishing regulation proposal for guides

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
oneshot
Commodore

Re: New fishing regulation proposal for guides

Post by oneshot » Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 am

I'm all for keeping Guides legit, professional and licensed.. its a profession for some and should be treated as such.. the weekender guides should just go fish, not guide.. IMO

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I think that they should put in HOV (High Occupancy Vessel) lanes down the rivers and make all guides buy a Good to Go pass. [woot]

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Post by FinChaserNW » Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I just read through the new bill. I'm not a fan of overregulating business, but dictating some basic safety and liability measures is a good idea. One item stood out however that maybe some of you could shed some light on. In section 3 (2) it says "No individual may hold more than one food fish guide license". What is the purpose of that line? Is there a reason that a guide would need more than one food fish license anyway? Does this potentially mean that someone who holds a similar license (if there is one) in Oregon or Idaho would not be permitted to attain a Washington food fish guide license? I'm just curious why this line was added and what if any implications it has. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Scott

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Fri May 10, 2013 8:41 am

FinChaserNW,

Hmmmmm, not sure. But what comes to mind is. Perhaps this keeps on guide from purchasing many "food fish guide license's". Then leasing those licensed to "others" for profit. Much like a "charter captain could do with charter licenses? A monopoly of sorts "IF" there was a limited number of guide licenses available. If there are "NOT" a limited number of guide licensed available. Then, this theory is to be flushed immediately.......LOL!

gassyboy
Petty Officer

Post by gassyboy » Thu May 23, 2013 6:12 pm

The insurance, business license and cpr/first aid requirements has been signed by the gov and is effective 7/28

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary ... &bill=5786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The steelhead stamp bill has been reintroduced in the special session.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary ... &year=2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;