BBQ Grill recommendations

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
MotoBoat
Commodore

Re: BBQ Grill recommendations

Post by MotoBoat » Sun May 05, 2013 8:18 am

saltycdog wrote:One thing I can not stress enough is to brine your chickens and turkeys . :-$ I have some some AWSOME citrus brines that work great on birds. Treager Turkey is the best you will ever have.

If anyone e wants the citrus brine recipe let me know.
I pm"d for some citris recipe's. Love to try them. Fish, pork, poultry......whatever! Just waitin for a response. Thank you very much.

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Sun May 05, 2013 10:37 am

I have 3 of the Weber Genesis and I think for the money they cannot be beat!!

Mort
Angler

Post by Mort » Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 pm

My wife and I are from Kansas City and we miss the BBQ. As we could not find anything decent locally we do our own. We use an offset smoker. The fire is in a separate chamber to the left of the main chamber. The main chamber has a hole on the left for the smoke and heat to be drawn in and then is drawn out the opening in the top right corner. This opening on the upper right has a flu like arrangement. Use Hickory chips soaked in water over your charcoal for smoke. Keep your heat around 250 and when the meat is falling off the bone you're ready. We did find an excellent BBQ pit recently called Carolina Smoke, it's first class. Located near Lynnwood in a little antique mall off Bothell-Everet road and South of I-405.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”