Anyone know anything about Badlands Lakes in Benton County??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Anyone know anything about Badlands Lakes in Benton County??

Post by delyakguy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:11 pm

Found them on Google Earth searching for ponds. They are just North of I-82 just before Benton City. There are 2 lakes, 1 is more round the other is long and skinny. They are about 45miles from my place and want to know if what kind of fish it holds, if you able to fish it, and what works. Thanks for any help you can give.

"Reel Screamer"
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

michaelunbewust
Commander

RE:Anyone know anything about Badlands Lakes in Benton County??

Post by michaelunbewust » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:38 pm

MY GIRL LIVES IN BENTON CITY, AND, I FISH THE LOWER YAKIMA ALOT (WHEN IM NOT AT POTHOLES), AND, IVE NEVER HEARD OF THOSE PONDS. I FISH THE STRETCH BETWEEN BENTON CITY AND PROSSER ALOT, AND, CANNOT RECALL HEARING ABOUT THEM. I WILL PUT AN EMAIL OUT TO SOME OLD-TIMERS IN BENTON CITY, TO SEE IF I CAN GET YOU SOME INFO!

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:18 am

Ya me either. This was 1st time I ever heard of them. I love the Potholes, going to be high 90's low 100 this weekend up there. We got trailer at Mardon Resort. Thanks and hope to hear something.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:34 pm

THE KEY AT POTHOLES AT THAT HIGH OF A TEMP. IS DEFINENTLY NIGHTFISHING (THE SPACE BETWEEN DAM AND GOOSE ISLAND). IVE HAD 3 REPLIES FROM BENTON CITY, AND, ONLY 1 GUY HAS HEARD OF THEM (BADLANDS), BUT, THINKS THEY ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY. I WILL BE DOWN THERE FISHING THE YAK OVER THE 4TH OF JULY, SO, I WILL GO SEARCH THEM OUT! I'LL BE AT POTHOLES THE LAST 10-DAYS OF JULY!!

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks for the help. Ya when its that hot can get miserable. Between island and dam is awesome. My buddy stayed at my trailer this last week, he caught lg mouth over 8lbs trolling dam. He not back in town yet but said Mardon took pic and will have it online shortly. Cuaght it with Rapala trolling face of dam. That is a huge fish!!

Good Luck

tluedeke
Petty Officer

Re: Anyone know anything about Badlands Lakes in Benton Coun

Post by tluedeke » Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Did anybody ever figure out what these lakes are about? I was also noticing them on Google maps. Are these on private land, or is there public access?

TroutSnipr
Commander

Re: Anyone know anything about Badlands Lakes in Benton Coun

Post by TroutSnipr » Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 am

http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/washi ... nds-lakes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this it is private property and not open to the public. i would call the WDFW sector office and find out for sure.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800