hardware: casting or spinning

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: hardware: casting or spinning

Post by Bodofish » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 am

I was feeling one yesterday in Fife and it felt pretty darn nice but just couldn't justify spending the money after making the decision to only replace with XRodz.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 am

HOOKEDONFISHING wrote:X11 is on sale at sportco right now for $64
yeah that is a steal for a such a nice rod, I was at sportco too yesterday checking out the tackle deals, got 400 corkies for $16 and stocked up on summer run jigs.

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I picked up a x11 and shimano curado so I can start working on bait casting.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 pm

goonatic wrote:what kinda rod would you recommend for like #4 or #5 vibraxes, 1/2-3/4oz spoons etc?
thats what i'm casting for silvers and chum in hood canal. i'm using a couple different of the cheap model lamiglas in 9'6" with 8lb one one and 12lb on the other. don't know the model of rod but sportco had the for $79.99.