New Guy Here

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: New Guy Here

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:48 am

To be honest, when at Pass, I'm in the tube and I didn't really look at the sign so I can't say. I know oars are ok. Pass Lake is fly fishing only so that means you have to use a center pin reel and a "Fly type Line", clear as mud, right? It's in the regs. I know some guys use a sink line but I just use a floating line, long leader and if you aren't getting down, a little split shot. For the needle fish put about 4 or 5 feet of line off the rod and stick the tip in the water and hold it still. Speed the boat up till the lure is making the action you desire. Then pick up your tip and let out the line and have at it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Tady45
Petty Officer

Post by Tady45 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice. Thanks for the info, I guess I will be buying another fly rod and some needle fish.
If you like go fishing, you're a friend of mine. If you like to talk fishing, you're a friend of mine. If you like PETA, dont waste your time.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Bloody hell that's a lot of info lol nice job;)