New drift boat ready to rock.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
primetime
Commander

Re: New drift boat almost done!

Post by primetime » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Brat Bonker wrote:get a sled from wooldridge, best jet boat on the market and can run REALLY skinny water trust me like less than a foot which is nice for smaller rivers like the satsop.
yep and $40k+ when all is said and done..and that's with motor and not much else...
Kid has expensive taste! Think I can get one of those on a teachers salary? hahaha

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Brat Bonker wrote:get a sled from wooldridge, best jet boat on the market and can run REALLY skinny water trust me like less than a foot which is nice for smaller rivers like the satsop.
yep and $40k+ when all is said and done..and that's with motor and not much else...
Yea, but I'm sticking with Pavati, their sleds are SWEET and more importantly they are A+ on customer service. These guys are the real deal. If you are in the market for a boat, they'll take you out to test row it, and really give you the red carpet treatment. Plus they'll put anything you want or can think of on your boat. They're a new small shop and they take time because they're so small and they make killer boats.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 pm

40k who said it has to be new, on craigslist theres ones that are only a couple years old and are 20k, if you are going to get a 10k drift boat as your first why not get a 30k sled too to begin with.
also I think a new alasken boat with all the essentials would be around 35k including motor

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:40k who said it has to be new, on craigslist theres ones that are only a couple years old and are 20k, if you are going to get a 10k drift boat as your first why not get a 30k sled too to begin with.
also I think a new alasken boat with all the essentials would be around 35k including motor

hahahaha it's just money. #-o

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 am

Craigs List..... Now that sends a messaage. Take money from customers or give money to another shop...... #-o
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 am

Brat Bonker wrote:40k who said it has to be new, on craigslist theres ones that are only a couple years old and are 20k, if you are going to get a 10k drift boat as your first why not get a 30k sled too to begin with.
Big difference between 10k and 30k. You got an extra 20 laying around that I could borrow?

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 am

I'm sorry but wool ridge seems way over priced IMO .

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 am

It's like telling a guy riding out of the bicycle shop he shoulda got a motorcycle instead. You're talking apples and oranges ](*,) It is a whole different type of fishing and in some cases completely different water. There are are many places where a DB can be launched & run where a jet sled cannot. With a jet you also have the maintenance & higher insurance plus gas, oil & storage to think about.

As far as price, trust me, I've been researching and searching for a sled for over a year now. I went to the Wooldridge shop. Have had many long conversations with Grant Wooldridge and you cannot walk out of there with a usable boat (boat, electrical system, seat, motor, anchor, etc.) for under $40k and I can also tell you there has not been a Wooldridge river boat only a couple years old for sale for $20k on CL for over a year as well.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 am

natetreat wrote:Yea, but I'm sticking with Pavati, their sleds are SWEET and more importantly they are A+ on customer service. These guys are the real deal. If you are in the market for a boat, they'll take you out to test row it, and really give you the red carpet treatment. Plus they'll put anything you want or can think of on your boat. They're a new small shop and they take time because they're so small and they make killer boats.
Since we've hijacked your thread Nate I will add one more comment regarding jet sleds. 8-[

That is the cool thing about buying locally - Wooldridge is the same way - they may be high priced, but they really seem to treat their customers well. They build the boats right here in South Park and test run em on Lake Washington and local rivers. When I went into the shop I told Grant straight up I wasn't ready to buy, just researching and that I would probably have to buy used as the prices were out of my range. He still took me on a 2 hour tour of the facilities, offered to take me out on a test run with one of the boats and has been happy to answer any question I have had. No pressure..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 am

Gringo Pescador wrote: That is the cool thing about buying locally - Wooldridge is the same way - they may be high priced, but they really seem to treat their customers well. They build the boats right here in South Park and test run em on Lake Washington and local rivers. When I went into the shop I told Grant straight up I wasn't ready to buy, just researching and that I would probably have to buy used as the prices were out of my range. He still took me on a 2 hour tour of the facilities, offered to take me out on a test run with one of the boats and has been happy to answer any question I have had. No pressure..
plus 1 grant is a cool guy we have talked to him extensively about sleds and he is very informative but my point was that if you are going to go new and spendy on your first drift boat that you have only X amount of years rowing then why not go spendy on a nice jet sled as your first, also I don't really care what nate buys it is his money I do not care I am just putting out info that I know since we own a wooldridge and drift boats.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
natetreat wrote:Yea, but I'm sticking with Pavati, their sleds are SWEET and more importantly they are A+ on customer service. These guys are the real deal. If you are in the market for a boat, they'll take you out to test row it, and really give you the red carpet treatment. Plus they'll put anything you want or can think of on your boat. They're a new small shop and they take time because they're so small and they make killer boats.
Since we've hijacked your thread Nate I will add one more comment regarding jet sleds. 8-[

That is the cool thing about buying locally - Wooldridge is the same way - they may be high priced, but they really seem to treat their customers well. They build the boats right here in South Park and test run em on Lake Washington and local rivers. When I went into the shop I told Grant straight up I wasn't ready to buy, just researching and that I would probably have to buy used as the prices were out of my range. He still took me on a 2 hour tour of the facilities, offered to take me out on a test run with one of the boats and has been happy to answer any question I have had. No pressure..
Absolutely. When I was getting my boat, I called around, went to see boats, looked at used ones to see the longevity of the things, what they looked like after a few years of hard use etc. Of course the boat is a big deal, but half of the selling point on getting a custom built boat is how the company treats the customer. If I'm going to be pro staff for a boat company, they have to bring the whole package, not just a nice boat. My Pavati is pimped out custom, and they put everything I asked for on it and more. If I want to put a jungle gym on the bow of my sled, they'll do it and they'll make it work. As for Brat Bonker and his Woolridge, I'm sure they're killer boats, but I'm getting a Pavati, which will probably cost the same amount. He's right, it's not about the money when I get my boat, it's about how it will perform for my clients. My drift boat has a door, extra comfortable seats, a full level floor, heaters, oven and custom rod rack with extra width for comfort and safety for my clients. If you're going to hire a limo to go to prom, you don't want an extra long k-car, you go with the Lincoln navigator. I'm sure if he took a spin in a pavati sled he'd be impressed as hell.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 pm

natetreat wrote: My drift boat has a door, extra comfortable seats, a full level floor, heaters, oven and custom rod rack with extra width for comfort and safety for my clients.
Did you really mean an "oven"?

One other thing that jumped out at me in the above sentence is: "custom rod rack with extra width for comfort and safety for my clients".

Are you saying the rod rack has extra width or the boat? If it is the boat your speaking of. How will the extra boat width, effect the efficiency of travel through water? More weight, water drag....ect?

No drift boat experience here, just curious is all.

luisdabeast206
Petty Officer

Post by luisdabeast206 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:41 pm

[thumbup] Nate nice boat bro that thing is sweet! ( guy in purople hoody today with pops). BTW if anyone has extra 20,000 let me know!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm

MotoBoat wrote:
natetreat wrote: My drift boat has a door, extra comfortable seats, a full level floor, heaters, oven and custom rod rack with extra width for comfort and safety for my clients.
Did you really mean an "oven"?

One other thing that jumped out at me in the above sentence is: "custom rod rack with extra width for comfort and safety for my clients".

Are you saying the rod rack has extra width or the boat? If it is the boat your speaking of. How will the extra boat width, effect the efficiency of travel through water? More weight, water drag....ect?

No drift boat experience here, just curious is all.
The boat has extra width. It's a 16 61, ten inches wider than the standard drift boat. It makes it ride higher in the water than a longer skinny boat, and adds extra walking around room too. The boat weighs a lot less than you'd think, with a hull weight at 180 pounds, that's pretty darn light. One of the things I observed at the sport show was walking around giving all the drift boats a heft was how easy it was to move the Pavati around. Some of the fiberglass boats were the worst, at comparable sizes they were a lot heavier than mine.

And yes, I meant oven. A pizza over. Check out the website for the description - http://www.pavatimarine.com/boat_models ... arrior.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't know what to say to that Duncan. I really don't know whether I should take you seriously or ignore you, you walk a fine line between conversation and troll.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Definately troll on that one. [-X

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Here's another new progress picture, on its way to the powder coat.
Attachments
IMG_9251.jpg
IMG_9251.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 1913 times

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm

mmmmmm... shiny... nice..

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:31 am

Light and fast! look'in absolutely awesome!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MikeLFP
Petty Officer

Post by MikeLFP » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Going to be a SWEET RIDE Nate!!!..Cant wait for the day I can get me a boat!!!