New drift boat ready to rock.

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: New drift boat almost done!

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 am

natetreat wrote:
Bodofish wrote:Fish box in the floor!!!!! Everything washes down real easy, It's about as swish as it gets! I know you'll try to stay out but I'll bet after a good day on the oars you'll be a tired guy look'in for that warm bed. [thumbsup]

Honestly, it's going to be a lot less work than I do now. Hiking from spot to spot, carrying all the gear, up hills, beating down brush, blazing trails to my secret spots. I'm in great shape, I think that bank guides are often under appreciated for how much work we actually do do. Rowing doesn't take all that much effort unless you're having to cross the frog water for miles with no flow. So yea, I'm looking forward to rowing and having the boat carry everything around. It's going to be a break! I'm not saying it won't be work but it will won't break me down. Ask Mike about how much we hiked and the work we did to get to my secret spots!
yup, it was a good workout. Looking forward to shotting video from a stable platform!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 am

fishenfreak wrote:
natetreat wrote:Hahahahaha! We'll have to have a sign up sheet for that one. Or maybe a raffle, or a drawing or something. One thing that I will tell you is when I do get it, I'm not coming home from the river for a week! First up the Wynoochee, I love that river.
Yes sir! Ill take my boat down with ya! Double wide pulling plugs, back um down. Wham!

I can jump in too! triple wide! no hole would be safe... just have to fish in front of you two to have any hope of catching anything

ingi
Warrant Officer

Post by ingi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 am

i'll take up spots in either of your guys boats anytime you need a chase car or have a open seat! Nate that boat looks awesome, Danny, what is your boats ETA?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 am

ingi wrote:i'll take up spots in either of your guys boats anytime you need a chase car or have a open seat! Nate that boat looks awesome, Danny, what is your boats ETA?
January 22nd!!!!!
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

afk
Petty Officer

Post by afk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 am

She's a beauty Nate! I can already hear a drag screaming & see a doubled over pole. Great choice for less agile guests.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 am

Nice boat Nate!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Nate, are you towing this behind your commuter car?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 pm

No. I'm towing it behind my Chevy Blazer 4x4.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Duncan Dharkeez wrote:blazer... isnt that what the black football guy who murdered his pizza man drove? good thing its a 4x4... been icy out as of late and will come in handy for those sniper winch spots on robe canyon
Your thinking of the guy that took steroids, so the "gloves" wouldn't fit on his hands! Chase vehicle was a Bronco. A Ford product.

Nate, blazer or trailblazer? I don't think a blazer has been made for some time? Boat must be close to being done?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 pm

It's a 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2 Image

It's beefy and high enough to off road and can handle nasty launches too. I'm on pins and needles!

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 pm

How is the blazer on gas, and how roomy for gear and what not? 4.3 litre v-6?

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Ha ha ha Funny you would mention FROG WATER ](*,) :-$ Ok Ill be quiet now. Lose my number or something? Lets get you on the sticks again in my tub before you get your new Cadillac.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 am

Let's go! We have to work!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 am

Hahahaha, yea, that day was pretty darn lame. Rowing downstream for a lot of miles. Would have been better if those fish had actually stuck. We got to get out soon, boat is almost ready! We're talking pick up dates next week, and it's going to be AWESOME.

If you guys want to see what this thing is going to look like, stop by the Sportsmen's Show and ask Steve to show you Nate Treat's boat. Then give me a call, because you're going to want to fish from this beast.

TheHunt
Petty Officer

Post by TheHunt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm

So they have your boat at the show? Or just more pictures?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm

A floor model that is the same as mine, unpainted though. They're running out of boats to take to shows, they can't build them fast enough to keep up with the orders. I asked them how early I'd have to order my sled, and they said it would be about 9 or 10 months out. They need to get a bigger shop!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Thats the number I got when I asked about a power drifter...... I'm waiting a bit.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm

get a sled from wooldridge, best jet boat on the market and can run REALLY skinny water trust me like less than a foot which is nice for smaller rivers like the satsop.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm

natetreat wrote: If you guys want to see what this thing is going to look like, stop by the Sportsmen's Show and ask Steve to show you Nate Treat's boat. Then give me a call, because you're going to want to fish from this beast.
I did as he said and it is to NICE. Comfortable. It is very nice!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:get a sled from wooldridge, best jet boat on the market and can run REALLY skinny water trust me like less than a foot which is nice for smaller rivers like the satsop.
yep and $40k+ when all is said and done..and that's with motor and not much else...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker