recent cow glowslosh steelhat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TheHunt
Petty Officer

Re: recent cow glowslosh steelhat

Post by TheHunt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:58 pm

So if you can use 10 - 12 foot leader.

Do people use 2 hooks as well?

One would think that would increase your odds of hooking a fish.

I am just asking...

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 pm

Bodofish wrote:
kingfisherman1 wrote:So steelies don't attack glowballs? Why would someone go through the trouble of flossin' at night when most people just do it in the day?
I'm confused. Whats the difference?
Isnt is obvious? People cant see you! Night flossers tend to set the hook WAYYY more than a normal fisherman, something that would catch the eye and likely cause conflict with some real fishermen. Theres a difference between glowballing and night flossing, but everyone calls it "glowballing". Yea they bite at night, but not a 15 foot leader with a tiny corkee at midnight [scared]
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 am

lowholer4life wrote:Sloshing about, being sloshed, all fine and dandy. But as for debate, flossing is snagging period. If u read the regs u will see the fish must WILLINGLY take the offering. But seriously regs aside its a douchy move, i don't see how one Wolff derive any satisfaction from it. Just like snagging, they sonnet even fight right when they are foul hooked, Howe its that fun. With flossing there is nothing learned, no sport. If the original poster meant sloshing about or being sloshed i apologize for being Snappy. Yet if he is proud of his flossing or snagging my comment stands.
I can see from the number of posts you've made, you haven't been involved in reading many of ODH's posts, nor have you been involved in any of the flossing debates. Soooooo, let me be the first to fill you in. The topic is a Dead Horse. It's already been beat to death. Put your stick down and step away from the horse. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Oh, Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:08 am

Look out lowholer you don't have over 3,000 posts like bodofish. Your opinion obviously means nothing. Come back when you get more posts. The amount of posts apparently determines your intelligence and what opinion you have on a certain subject. I won't feel safe until I reach that magic 1,000 posts.

Just because lowholer probably never participated in a flossing discussion on this forum does not mean he isn't entitled to give his input on your so called "dead horse". He also very well could have read tons of flossing posts before and just not have commented or had an account. He can poke the horse in the eye all he wants. :salut:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 am

mallard83 wrote:Look out lowholer you don't have over 3,000 posts like bodofish. Your opinion obviously means nothing. Come back when you get more posts. The amount of posts apparently determines your intelligence and what opinion you have on a certain subject. I won't feel safe until I reach that magic 1,000 posts.
Now you're getting it! But seriously, simple etiquette says a good program to follow would be to read a few threads before jumping out with an opinion on a topic that has had more threads locked than any other. Intelligence, well I don't think I'll step on your issue there since you obviously have that well in hand with your friend Google. Personally I find it a bit slow most of the time. If you think 1,000 posts well make safe...... wait a minute.... OK.....

Lowholer, keep it coming, I do like "the leader of doom". [razz]

PS Mallard, judging from your last few posts I'm going to stand by a previous request. How about a remedial reading course. When you're done with it, take the time and go through and read fifty or so threads, getting that thousand posts committed to memory (Yours not Google’s) should help you catch up. Making a pre-determined number of posts is not what I would use to benchmark intelligence. Being able to seamlessly step into a thread or conversation and provide something of value to the rest of the folks involved is more along those lines. Your welcome, I'm more than happy to help with the vocabulary.

Happy New Year! Get out and enjoy that sun!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:14 am

Wow you are amazing! I submit to your intellect. You are the one that originally brought up # of posts. It shouldn't matter how many you have in order to give input of any kind if you agree with it or not. But obviously you think that you need to have more than 4 posts to speak your mind. You are a real class act saying that others need reading courses and vocab lessons. Makes you look very good and mature. I do think that you should heed your own advice and sign up for one of those classes. The first question you should ask the teacher should be how to read sarcasm......because apparently you don't get it. Although you could google or bing (if that's what you prefer) another definition for all of us.

Also if you don't like a certain thread or where it is going i.e. flossing, don't read it or get involved with that particular thread. It's not that difficult.

Go ahead and get the last word in if you would like. I am bowing out of this thread before it gets locked. :salut:

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Still trouble with the reading and comprehension... only one way to fix that.

mallard79
Petty Officer

Post by mallard79 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm

The first step is admitting you have a problem.......thanks for admitting it Bodofish.....now it's time to take the second step.....

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm

bottom line fish will hit glow wid proper presentation like BODOFISH say [thumbsup]
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Trent
Petty Officer

Post by Trent » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:19 pm

How would you know ODH, when was the last time you had a fish hit your presentation? You've obviously hit plenty of fish with it, but that's not the same thing. So don't pretend it is. Are you going to tell me all those chum "hit" you bare red hook? You lie enough on all the other forums you are on, don't lie to these fine folks.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 am

If indeed there is a technique known as flossing I fail to see the problem. There are no rules that state a maximum leader length. There is nothing illegal about it. For those that think it's snagging, call it that and prove it. It can't be done as no one will never be able to prove the intent to snag. Bring on the conspiracies.

mallard79
Petty Officer

Post by mallard79 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 am

Bodofish wrote:If indeed there is a technique known as flossing I fail to see the problem. There are no rules that state a maximum leader length. There is nothing illegal about it. For those that think it's snagging, call it that and prove it. It can't be done as no one will never be able to prove the intent to snag. Bring on the conspiracies.
WOW.......your true inteligence and ethics shine through......maybe the repeated, intentional sweeping hookset at the end of EVERY drift could be a signal of the INTENT to snag......it may not be illegal but is in most legitimate fishermans minds an unethical act as it is in no way skill.....there is a reason this "dead horse" keeps getting beat and that reason is people like you who try to justify it

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 am

another flossing thread bites the dust.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".