Lifes passions other than fishing

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
tnj8222
Admiral

RE:Lifes passions other than fishing

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:09 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:Ha ha! Thanks TNJ.. Went to school with Mike - in high school he was in a band called Sato (I think that was the name), anyway he was completely full of himself and treated everyone like crap. I am sure he has grown up at least a little since then but I have no desire to find out for myself. Back in the 80's to early 90's I was able to meet many of the people that made the Seattle music scene great, out of all of em, he was the least likely to be someone I would hang out with. wow - I'm getting old...

EastsideRN - 2 things.. I also ride - prefer longer trips (my goal is an Iron butt patch), if you are interested and don't mind riding with a Harley (2005 Road King Custom) we can take a day trip - maybe even strap on a couple breakdown poles and a cooler and drop a line here and there.. and my buddy has been playing rugby on the eastside for years now - if you want I can get you in touch with him.
yeah he hasnt changed much.. my buddy had him sign his guitar though and he acted all high and mighty. my budyd couldnt even sell it on ebay lol.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 am

Being Devorced now for 7 years, My passions would be doing as much stuff as I can with my two boys, The oldest will graduate from Lewis and
Clark high school this upcoming year and is planning on going to College. The younger one will be starting football here in a few weeks and I'll be there watching all his games. As they both are getting older they are doing there own things now and my time with them is limited to both there open time and mine. As for me I'd always wanted to get up to Alaska and spend a few weeks taking in the sites and wonders of that state. Another is to get a scoreable Deer, I've got a nice Elk that scored 332 but no really big deer ( a small 4 point is all). I'll probibly have more as I get up into my 50's #-o As for the present I fish when ever possible, with steelhead season right around the corner along with elk hunting that will be where you'll find me :cheers:

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Felts- on-road or off-road R/C?

I've got two on-road cars (Pro RS4-2 & Nitro RS4-3) and a completely modded T-maxx. I found I was dumping more money into them than my real cars so I took a hiatus from 'em. I need to do some work on them to get them in full running condition. Do you guys race over there by Paradise Hobby and the track by the self-storage off 16?

TNJ- I'm no bike snob, I ride with anyone (except for complete squids.) That sounds like fun. I have debated riding my Vulcan to do some shore fishing before; it'd make good use of my saddlebags. As far as rugby goes- I need to get in better shape before I embarass myself. I let myself go the past few months. Maybe this fall....

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 pm

My passions are riding and racing dirtbikes, four wheeling, and hunting (mostly ducks). And EastsideRedneck, I used to play rugby back in high school it was a blast, way better than football. I played for a Redmond club but stopped because of my terrible knees and not enough time. My friend still plays but I am not sure for which club.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:56 pm

When I am not fishing or something that is fishing related, I work my two Springer Spaniels which I hunt and will start their hunting test certificates next spring. I love hunting upland birds.
I love southern gospel music and attend a few concerts each year. I sing bass in a southern gospel quartet in my church.
Though I spend a great deal of time in fishing, I spend more time with my wife and my kids. We are very active in our church and we like travelling (as long as there is fishing nearby).

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm

cavdad45 wrote: When I am not fishing or something that is fishing related, I work my two Springer Spaniels which I hunt and will start their hunting test certificates next spring. I love hunting upland birds.
I love southern gospel music and attend a few concerts each year. I sing bass in a southern gospel quartet in my church.
Though I spend a great deal of time in fishing, I spend more time with my wife and my kids. We are very active in our church and we like travelling (as long as there is fishing nearby).
It is good to hear that you are so close with your family because nowadays family has seemed to take a back seat to a lot of other less important things in life to most people. Keep at it, and good luck on your next outing.

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:22 am

Well I actually didnt do very much fishing at all the last couple years because I had went back to school and just graduated this last June with an AAS in Respiratory Therapy. Bt Im making up for it this summer :) Other than fishing I like to do amateur photography and saving up for a better camera...you can see some of my pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruthven78/.

Currently its mostly been just work, fishing, and family for me. I used to be into online computer games like Quake and Counter Strike (frst person shooters) but we moved out to Deer Park a few years ago too far for high speed internet...that and I seriously need to upgrade everything. Im a computer geek too but not so much anymore, kinda got out of it when I went back to school. I also operate a side business teaching CPR.

Im also a local movie buff. I maintain a list of movies filmed in the eastern washington and northern idaho region and collect copies of the movies filmed.

Speaking of meeting Seattle music icons, I once got to meet Kris Novaselic (bad spelling) from Nirvana and shot the breeze with him for about 45 minutes backstage at an Everclear concert in Cheney....also met the guys from Everclear, the bass player attended Mead HS over here. I also met Myles Kennedy on a few occasions as well as the rest of the guys from The Mayfield Four, myles now sings for Alter Bridge which is comprised of the former members of Creed......oh yeah I used to be a local music buff too and even had a site to support local music but that went by the wayside long time ago.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:51 am

Fall, I hunt Mule Deer and Elk. Depending on my work schudle I muzzleload. Elk always elude me but I always get a Mulie:cheers:.

I shoot trap, and am a ravid Seahawks and Nascar fan. Nov-Dec I duck hunt the scablands and the dead of winter I snowmobile

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:12 pm

jmay wrote:Fall, I hunt Mule Deer and Elk. Depending on my work schudle I muzzleload. Elk always elude me but I always get a Mulie:cheers:.

I shoot trap, and am a ravid Seahawks and Nascar fan. Nov-Dec I duck hunt the scablands and the dead of winter I snowmobile
Im trying to talk my best friend from high school to move back over this way from Maryland to teach me how to hunt lol.....he mostly bow hunts though.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

corvettefanatic1979
Angler

Post by corvettefanatic1979 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:48 pm

I fix and race cars. i also do car restoration, engine rebuilds, and upholstery work. im currently in the process of restoring my other car, my cherry red 1967 Ford Mustang with a 302 that i got as my high school graduation gift. i graduated in 2004. i started restoration process before i left for school. during the summer id come home and id do some work on it. its been sitting in the garage the past 3 years. now that im done with school, i have more time to work on it. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:16 pm

i'm a rock hound so i like to work with stone and rock, my dad spent a lot of time and my moms hard earned money buying lapidary equipement and rock to do something in his retirement, but became to sick to work the stuff so i figured to use stone and rock in masonry work. l also make stone lamps, and will eventually set up a sand blaster to put some art work in stone. when you go fishing on those rivers, look down at the stones you are walking on, you may find a cool looking stone that you can take home with you to remember that day of fishing or just because its a neat stone. i have over 100 ton of stone and native basalt that i use. <')//<

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:46 pm

besides fish 45 week-ends a year, i do play alot of softball, and visit my son a pasco,wa police officer. i also do alot of voluntering, either for fishery's projects or taking youth groups or boys & girls club groups on fishing trips. we just took a bunch of kids to scootney res. for a fish fry. im really into giving back what was taught to me back in the day. also, for a change of pace, ive decided to meet someone new every month this year, and either take them to some of my favorite holes or vice/versa. ive done it 4 months in a row, the most recent a wl,com'er pulled my boat down to lake washington for a day on the lake. ive gotten so much out of these kind of deals. ive always had my fishing buddies, but to actually make the effort to meet some other fishing freaks, and exchange info/stories, has actually made me some new friends, and they have all been great guys. otherwise, its HONEY-DOS!ha!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:24 am

I'm also very active in Scouting. Been a Scouter for the last 15 years. Currently serving as Cubmaster in a CubScout Pack.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 am

My extra time is being a mother to my children and genealogy. I am currently reading up on Steelhead float fishing.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Fishing, school, reading up on fishing, spending time in tackle shops, skiing, travel, friends and family..
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....