electric downriggers

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
rseas
Commander

Re: electric downriggers

Post by rseas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:50 am

Strike Zone1 wrote:Let me know if you like the 2101's. I'm thinking about one of those also for my Lund. But I think I am going to go with braiged line on mine.
I just pulled the SS cable and am re-spooling with 250# braid. I'll let you know how it all works out.

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Post by hlindsay » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:23 pm

I have an 1101 running braid and an 1106 with wire. I got the 1106 last year and am using the wire it came with. I lost gear with wire in the past so I am giving braid a try on the older 1101. I have been running this way for a year in salt and fresh water. 15Lb fro salt and 6 or 8 for fresh. The braid is great when it comes to changing out the snap end. The only problem is the line counter seems to be off with braid. I am running deeper than the counter shows. I can see my ball on the depth sounder.

Strike Zone1
Petty Officer

Post by Strike Zone1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:42 pm

rseas:
Thank you for being willing to share how they work for you. I wasn't aware that it might make a difference on the line counter. I think if it does make a difference you'd just have to adjust a little to compensate for it.
Strike Zone