Drift Boat Input

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Drift Boat Input

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:15 pm

kromekrusher wrote:
fishenfreak wrote:My drift boat is coming in close to 10,000$. Spendy i know, but i want something brand new. Kind of a thing i have, not a fan of used stuff
How does a college student afford a ten thousand dollar drift boat? I dont understand. Seems like the equavalent of a gent like myself picking up a Masarati off the lot in Bellevue.

A college student with a seemingly very active guiding business. [flapper]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Cost of doing business. Fishing isn't cheap. It's important to work with the best, when people are paying you to take them fishing.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm

kromekrusher wrote:
fishenfreak wrote:My drift boat is coming in close to 10,000$. Spendy i know, but i want something brand new. Kind of a thing i have, not a fan of used stuff
How does a college student afford a ten thousand dollar drift boat? I dont understand. Seems like the equavalent of a gent like myself picking up a Masarati off the lot in Bellevue.
Does it matter dude, good grief be happy for the kid.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Matt wrote:If it's your first DB you better go tin. Unless you like ruining your brand new glass boat.
On the down side, ive heard it much harder to learn to row difficult rivers in an aluminum boat compared to glass, heavier, doesnt track as well... Ect, it was a hard choice but i went fiberglass, hopefully not bang it up too bad too quick
Last edited by RiverChromeGS on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm

natetreat wrote:Cost of doing business. Fishing isn't cheap. It's important to work with the best, when people are paying you to take them fishing.
Another reason i wanted a nice new boat
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.22 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.91 KiB) Viewed 1363 times

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

kromekrusher
Petty Officer

Post by kromekrusher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 am

The Quadfather wrote:
kromekrusher wrote:

A college student with a seemingly very active guiding business. [flapper]
Believe me, as a guy who owns a modest logging operation I know a thing or two about business. Additionally, I understand the cost of living, as well as the overhead and tax end of said business. One does not have to be a math whiz to read between the lines. I hope he realizes what a lucky boy he is.

MikeLFP
Petty Officer

Post by MikeLFP » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:27 am

FF on a boat is unfair! Your deadly from the bank! Looking forward to a trip sometime in the new ride!!!

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:11 am

I want to see how creative he gets with his logo on his boat, probally put skagit slayer 2.0 on it to like Ackerlund does. I always thought aluminum was lighter than glass boat. Does that 10k include the oars, anchors and ropes along with rod holders and heaters?

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 am

Great, now your gonna be mobile on the river!? theres not gonna be any fish left!!!

on another note, time to hammer some fish!! i smell some o.p. double wide drift boat trips coming up!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Rvr_fshr wrote:I got a very lightly used willies guide for 3 k learned to row in it, id say its a great boat but its the only one I know lol good choice ff that guide looks nice. Did you get the fly casting braces? Id hold those waste of room. Imo
I got um, but they are removable! So the passenger can decide. Some heavy rivers its easier, some its a pain

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Steelheadin360 wrote:Great, now your gonna be mobile on the river!? theres not gonna be any fish left!!!

on another note, time to hammer some fish!! i smell some o.p. double wide drift boat trips coming up!

Hell to the yes

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:22 pm

fishenfreak wrote:
natetreat wrote:Cost of doing business. Fishing isn't cheap. It's important to work with the best, when people are paying you to take them fishing.
Another reason i wanted a nice new boat
Looks like it should be a sweet boat. Next investment is some go pros to get all the action shots. :cheers: